Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing at Easter Weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
I went on my first ever skiing trip in January of this year and have discovered a new passion!

However, i honestly don't think i'm going to be able to last until next winter for another "fix" but work pressures mean that i won't be able to take any time off between now and the end of the season.

This leave the Easter weekend with the Friday and the Monday bank holiday - has anyone ever been on a 4 day easter skiing holiday? I've had a look round the travel agents and web sites and so far can't find anything for less than a week.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
magic_hat, I have skied at Easter and it is a busy period. Flights will always be pricy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
magic_hat, Book a flight and turn up somewhere, you should be able to find accomodation. Some of the smaller tour operators may be able to sort you out.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with Scrobbo - If you can get flights then accomodation wont be a problem
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
magic_hat, we have space over the Easter weekend, we have guests arriving at Geneva airport on Thurs pm and leaving Mon pm. If this of interest PM me for details, have a look at our ad in snowShops or go to our website www.tracksvacations.com for more information.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
magic_hat, you could try www.skiweekends.com I know they do an Easter special
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
magic_hat, I hate to relate but I'm flying business class to Geneva for Easter out Thur night back monday night as economy was no cheaper

You might find some other options like Munich, Lyons, Grenoble, Treviso, Milan (Not Bergamo!), Turin, etc have more availability.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 23-08-06 6:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Might find a train is as cheap and gets yu closer cutting down on transfer costs.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dont use a travel agent - book a flight and go where there is still snow. Accom should be easy to find either with someone on here wink or via t'internet
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I flew at Easter last year, albeit the days immediately before/after the bank holidays. We flew to Zurich, the flights were reasonably priced and it wasn't TOO busy...

I remember noticing how Geneva was double the cost.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
magic_hat, You could always drive (even for 4 days) if you have another driver with you. Also, there's always summer skiing and the PSB (here) between now and next season, so if easter seems to expensive (bound to be busy), then think of these alternatives. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
magic_hat, PSB is Pre Season bash.

It an annual event which goes back to 1846 when a group of ski enthusiasts got together in October to ski the first snows of the season. To this day it still continues in Les Deux Aples (two apples). They didnt do that much skiing in 1846 as crazy skier jules ancestors hadnt invented the piste basher but they did design a fine lager with the help of Jacques Kronenburg when they couldnt get back up the hill.

(I really need to go out more on Fridays !)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Paul Mason, i'm stuck in tonight too. Sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Paul Mason, Helen Beaumont, I'm not but I'm driving to Stansted to collect Sophie from Geneva. Must be the first Friday I've been sober in ages. Nothing fun on TV though!
ski holidays
My partner and myself were trying to get a cheap flight to Italy with Ryanair from Glasgow for Easter Weekend to go skiing in Valle d Aosta (Gressoney) area. The outbound flight was 59.99, but the inbound flight was 159.99, so we decided not to go as it was too expensive. However, I had a look at Ryanair tonight and the flights, both ways, were down to 19.99 - making a total, plus taxes, of 138 for the 2 of us. So, guess who is going to Valle d Aosta (Gressoney) for skiing at Easter.

Sometimes with Ryanair, you have to keep looking at their site. They were obviously struggling to fill the seats at the higher price and had to bring it down.
ski holidays
Quote:

Sometimes with Ryanair, you have to keep looking at their site. They were obviously struggling to fill the seats at the higher price and had to bring it down.

Something which you never catch Easyjet doing because of their pricing policy and they'd have to pay anyone back who paid more for their flight!
latest report
carled, a couple of us have managed to claim something back from them though.
snow report
Do Ryanair fly from Gatwick ? or which is their nearest airport to Gatwick ?
snow report
carled, actually, early the week before last GVA-LON return was close to £300 with Queasy whereas later in the week it had fallen to £180...
snow report
mike.healy, They only fly to Ireland from Gatwick, otherwise it is almost all from Stansted (with a few flights from Luton)
latest report
Thanks Ray, easyjet goes out of Gatwick so I tend to use them. Stanstead is a bit a trot from here especially if I'm getting dropped off by Mrs H. I might investigate parking up there somewhere though. If I find an unrestricted side street near a minicab office maybe....then there's the cost of the petrol and the cab of course....hmmm..
snow report
mike.healy, Parking is pretty expensive at Stansted. I flew to Grenoble from there last Saturday returning Wednesday. Cost me £39, nearly as much as the flight.
snow conditions
If they still do it Bishops Stortford football club had a reasonable parking rate.
snow conditions
Thanks to everyone who responded.
After getting really excited about the prospect of going back to La Rosiere to stay at Davids place, my travel partner got called in to the bosses office at work and her leave for the Saturday and Sunday was cancelled.

Oh well, roll on next year!
snow report
magic_hat, I am gobsmacked that bosses are willing and able)to do something like that. I hope suitable recompense was offered. Its a real shame as La Rosiere has BUCKETFULLS of snow at the moment.
ski holidays
magic_hat wrote:
Thanks to everyone who responded.
After getting really excited about the prospect of going back to La Rosiere to stay at Davids place, my travel partner got called in to the bosses office at work and her leave for the Saturday and Sunday was cancelled.

Well, go on your own then Toofy Grin or would that mean the loss of several thousand brownie points Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy