Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alp du Huez - Apres?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Just wondered about what apres is like in ADH? Anyone been?

I know there's a Folie Douce there, but don't know what the atmosphere there or elsewhere is.

We're after a place with decent on the mountain apres and then a very fun and lively spot, preferably dancing and live music, towards the bottom of the pistes or just off it (think Mooserwirt in Stanton or Coco Rico in Val).

Or is ADH the wrong resort for us?

No kids in our group just 30 something's up for having fun!

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tbh I don't think ADH is your place. Apart from Folie Douce I don't think there's anything.

More lively here, Les Deux Alpes, across the valley. The Panobar at 2600m is our equivalent up the mountain. There is also a more mellow happy hour with music from 3 to 4 at the Diable au Coeur. The Umbrella Bar at the bottom of the piste is then very lively until 7 or so.

A 6 day pass includes 2 days at ADH so a bus over is possible.

No vested interest. My French girlfriend has skied in ADH all her life so we ski there a lot too. My French electrician from Bourg d'Oisans skis in ADH but drinks here Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ADH is a gret resort but no real apres I'm afraid. LDA is more livelier but not as good as a resort for skiing/ riding imo.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For rocking apres you want Saalbach or Ischgl. Two of my favourite apres resorts, but Cocorico in Val d’Isere is almost unbeatable IMO.

I’ve also heard great things about Verbier.

Ischgl is the absolute daddy of apres, I’ve never seen anything like it! On-mountain bars to start, then every place in town is absolutely jumping.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all.

Re Ishgl, I've not been but hadn't heard good things. Purely based on what I'd heard, it sounded like a middle aged sausage fest with the only women being scantily clad waiting staff.

So a world away from Coco Rico or Mooserwirt.

That fair?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rossyl wrote:
Thanks all.

Re Ishgl, I've not been but hadn't heard good things. Purely based on what I'd heard, it sounded like a middle aged sausage fest with the only women being scantily clad waiting staff.

That fair?

Depends. If you go in FreeRide or Schatzi's, yes. On the other hand if you go in the Kuhstall you'll struggle to find anyone over 25, and a good mix of age/sex in the Kitzloch, Nikis Stadl, and Trofana Alm.

Of the on-to-off mountain party in Ischgl you could start at Idalp, but would want to be taking the gondola down as the red from there can be unfriendly at the best of times. Probably a better option is the party at Paznauner Thaya, followed by the much less red run home (with choice of trying to take a horizontal drag while drunk, or a sobering cross-country ski on the flat section).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

For rocking apres you want Saalbach

@HoneyBunny, About time we saw you back here! It’s probably better than last time you came to rock and ski, with the opening of the Crazy Deer and the Soul House, and the emergence of the Spitzbub as an apres-ski force to be reckoned with.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rossyl wrote:
Thanks all.

That fair?

Hahaha no, that's not true. The only bar with dancing girls is the Schatzi Bar, which was the least favourite one we went in and was indeed a sausage fest of middle-aged men. The Trofana Alm is very similar to the Mooserwirt, it's huge and on two levels with a DJ. The rest of the bars are brilliant, and if you don't like one of them, just go to the bar next door where there'll be another huge party! We loved the Kitzloch.

tatmanstours wrote:
Quote:

For rocking apres you want Saalbach

@HoneyBunny, About time we saw you back here! It’s probably better than last time you came to rock and ski, with the opening of the Crazy Deer and the Soul House, and the emergence of the Spitzbub as an apres-ski force to be reckoned with.

I know I know, I want to come back so much!! It won't be next year, but I think I'll make it my mission for 2021 - even if I have to miss a trip to Val.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ADH sucks at night.

Go to Verbier, Val d'Isere, or St Anton.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Go to Verbier, Val d'Isere, or St Anton.

Take your wallets with you wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pano bar at L2A is quite possibly the best on mountain bar in the French Alps.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rishie wrote:
Pano bar at L2A is quite possibly the best on mountain bar in the French Alps.

Never been, what makes it so good?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good music, great ambience, reasonable beer and no pretence of being anything other than the previous.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We did ADH last year and StAnton the two years prior... the ADH Folie Douce is nothing to write home about and the town has virtually nothing, and nothing even close to a Mooserwirt

It’s a great place to ski and the people were friendly but it’s not an apres party town. Based on what you’re looking for I think you’d be really disappointed.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The underground bar is not to bad
snow report
rossyl wrote:
Thanks all.

That fair?

Had +20 weeks in Ischgl over the years, and nothing can be further from the truth- Yes if you want dancing girls, you can easily find it, but that would be an active choice. Freeride, Schatzi and the stripbars will provide that, but i am sure that anybody will find other stuff with different activities just as easily. The Apres scene is special in Ischgl (can get rowdy), but there is plenty of places to stay away from the crowds. The skiing will suit the the group perfectly, and you will have plenty of non-skiing activities later on Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy