Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowheads first meet up

Poster: A snowHead
Clearly we are geographically spread all over the country, and some beyond these shores, and the skiing and boarding season is in full swing. Just think what the position will be in a few months time. Nothing to look forward to for most of us until next season Sad

Why not have a Snowheads meet up weekend? We have MK down south, Tamworth in the Midlands and Castleford up north. We could all pick the nearest to us and have a great afternoon one weekend.

What do you all think? I suggest a weekend in late April or May, but that would depend on when the majority of those interested can make it. OK, snowdomes aren't brilliant, but it would still be a great social occassion.

Your comments please would be great. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll be in Fernie from 13-27 March. I'm pretty sure some people from the other side were due to be out there at the same time - just wondering if they've made it here yet

If we do go to the snowdome, maybe worth organising a group discount and maybe a few pairs of demos skis so we can play?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm up for it.
I can do MK at weekends or Tamworth through the week.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm up for any of the snowdomes. Castleford is the nearest, but I can get to the other two easy enough. It's probably a good idea to fix a date early on in the process......before we all get booked up etc
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
???em ot gnineppah siht si yhw ko - doog sdnuos
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
yaw gnorw eht gnicaf era uoy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
?gnorw gniog stahw ...pleh
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have yo uclicked something like "left to right reading order" in internet explorer (normally used for arabic , persian languages and the like)?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
She thinks she's riding switch on her snowboard Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
will check - only able to write this by cutting and pasting from word
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sorry, thought you were playing around Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sorted now - thanks - back to UK language - have not idea what happened. Should I delete the old posts as this was a useful thread that got hijacked by me!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Pete H wrote:
Sorry, thought you were playing around Embarassed

Me too Embarassed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Could a kind moderator please get rid of my ramblings above... as I can't seem to do it???
Was very scary for a while - thought i wouldn't be able to post normally on the forum.... Confused

good for a laugh though - anyone annoys me at work and I might try to change their settings when they leave their pc Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If we edit it out, the following postings won't make sense. It's quite amusing really, and instructive to others should a similar problem arise again.
Alternatively, 10 posts would have to go Sad
latest report
I'd be up for it definitley. Castlefords closest for me, and I haven't been there yet.
But I guess Tamworth is more central for most.
Any time cool for me.
ski holidays
Don't mind then...

Lets get back on topic!!!

Would love to meet fellow snowheads...
April/May time for a snowdome meet is far enough ahead to be doable.
Could make it to any location...

In the short term - for South Westerners - i think a trip to Cardiff to see Alan in action maybe doable one evening in the next few weeks??? What do you think Alan?
ski holidays
Yup I'd be up for it. Never been to a Snowdome so am curious.

MK is nearest for me I finks ? Post April 18th would be fantabulos.. but whenever.

BTW anyone know what happened with the diggerland project in Kent ? the outdoor real snow slope...
snow report
We're closer to the Castleford snowdome. Maybe we should split this thread three ways for Castleford, Tamworth and Milton Keynes?

That was one surreal bit of posting there Madge rolling eyes
snow report
you're telling me - v. freaky when everything you type is backwards!!!
snow conditions
MK or Tamworth, count me in.
ski holidays
I must admit i'd like to see the new Castleford.
If there's a few people going does anybody know if its possible to get some sort of group discount?
snow report
http://www.theskishop.co.uk/Ski/Resorts/Castleford.JPG

That's what it looked like the week before it opened.
latest report
It still looks much the same now it's open Smile

But try to picture a girt big tabletop, a rail and (I think) an ickle kicker on the slopes too.
latest report
Is the lighting still as bad?
There were a few bits of the slope where I couldn't see a thing!
snow conditions
That must be why the photo came out poor.
Or were you so excited about the prospect of 150m of skier free slope that you couldn't stop shaking?
snow conditions
I was shaking with excitement!

Mr. Green
ski holidays
Not sure about being seen in action MM - I'm quite shy you know! But as we said before a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, you're welcome to pop over for a ski and a chat. It's a fair way for you to go for an evening, but maybe a Sat or Sun afternoon? (you could star in my "learn carving" video for Ian if it's daytime NehNeh ) Threads not best for coms so drop me a PM or EM if you're thinking of coming over.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd be up for a trip to castleford Very Happy , pretty much every weekend is good for me mid-May onwards (football season)!! Wink
snow conditions
I know who I'd prefer to watch carving Wink
latest report
Re "Diggerland" in Kent - the "Snow Park" - just looked at their webcam and it's still running, but doesn't look very convincing. Anyone been?

Re a venue for a meet, the problem is that for those in the SE, all the suggested venues are a bit of a hike, so may just have to see which one wins?
snow report
makes a changem it;s normally up northern monkeys who are complaining that everything's in London Smile
snow report
Normally everything is in London Wink
latest report
I'd vote for Cas' - but that's probably not a suprise to anyone other than the geographically challenged Very Happy
snow conditions
Bit slow on the uptake, but where is Castleford?
snow conditions
About 14 miles from Leeds! Confused
Milton Keynes is definatley the one for us! snowHead
snow report
Maybe the thing to do is for a leader type character to say: "I'm going to X on Y, come and join me if you want to". 'Course it would be embarassing if no one else turned up NehNeh

X = MK, Tamworth, Castleford
Y = A date
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy