Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol/Look Bindings - Tension setting.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a quick question.

Where should the forward pressure screw be when the tension is set correctly?

I presume it's when it's flush with the binding casing, but at the side of the screw or at the top?

Cheers

Marc
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which Look/Rossi heelpiece?

Check for a forward pressure indicator window.

side of heel (scribe mark should be in the forward part)
top of heel-track (indicator covers half the window)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry, it's a Rossignol 120 with the older "proper" turntable. There's no window I can see, just the screw and min/max setting markers moulded onto the housing and plate (scribe marks).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marc gledhill, there is a raised section in the base of the turn table which floats a little(normally if i can remember a different colour than the rest of the base), there is a raised line either side of this, the pressure is correct when the end of the floating raised bit is in line with the raised line

does that make sense??
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CEM, I'll have a look when I get back home - and into my celler, mwuhahahahaha......... Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gledhill here, live from the cellar.

Wine stock looks good, but my bike tyres will need a bit of air for the Sunday ride.

OK, I've had a couple of beers already, but I can't spot an indicator window or raised section (multi coloured, floating or any other type) on the heel section. In fact the whole turntable has a bit of float and the only raised lines (I think) are the scribe marks showing min/max.

Help! Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marc gledhill, sounds like the whole binding set-up is knackered - a common problem with the older "proper" models.

I'll take 'em off ya hands for a tenner Laughing.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 31-03-06 21:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, knew I could count on you rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marc gledhill, If they are last year's Axial model, bring them along to Castleford one night. Lions bought a lot of Dynastar skis a few years ago with the equivalent binding so most of the instructors know how to adjust them. I will still have the instruction booklet for mine, but I'm not home for another two weeks.

If they are the junior race binding with the real turntable heel there isn't a forward pressure indicator, you just play with them until it feels right.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
marc gledhill, sounds like a really old one or the junior race version as rjs, suggests. if so they are that old that i cannot remember exactly what the parameters are, there is a mark somewhere but without seeing them v difficult to say, sorry i can't help more
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy