Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites 2019/20 News Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Kicking off a thread now for next season to start highlighting some upcoming news for the region:

In Alta badia some new lifts planned for the new season:

La Brancia 6-seater chairlift (replaces 4-seater)
Stella Alpina 6-seater chairlift (replaces tow lift))
New Stella Alpina track
La Crusc Gondola 10 seats (replaces 2-seater)

In Alta badia some new infrastructure changes:

Construction should have begun now for a new major junction at the SS49/SS244 roads intersection at San Lorenzo in the Pusteria valley. Should help alleviate getting off and onto the main E66/SS49 road from/to Pusteria valley and Alta Badia

Construction should begin (or has begun) to improve the intersection of the SS244/SP27 roads in La Villa. The SP27 road goes from La Vill to San Cassiano

Construction should hopefully begin this year of a new roundabout in Corvara at the intersection of the road that goes to Colfosco.
snow report     
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They would be better upgrading the 4 person Sodlisia (in Colfosco, the link between the Borest and Plans bubbles) before the Stella !?

Having said that, good to see the SuperDolomiti continuing to invest snowHead
snow conditions     
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
albob wrote:
They would be better upgrading the 4 person Sodlisia (in Colfosco, the link between the Borest and Plans bubbles) before the Stella !?

Having said that, good to see the SuperDolomiti continuing to invest snowHead

There has been discussion about upgrading the Sodlisia on another forum but I dont know if its been approved yet. Maybe this will come the following season!!
snow report     
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, just found something on an Italian forum looking at a replacement in 2020. Have seen a PDF of an application, but my Italian isn't good enough to understand it

https://deliberedl.gvcc.net/026/026_1_29k_2019.pdf
snow conditions     
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's nice to see the investment being made in my favourite ski area.

The queue at La Brancia was never too bad when I've been there but I guess a 4 seater to 6 seater upgrade is relatively easy to do.

The Stella Alpina tow lift always had quite a queue when I've been there so nice to see that being upgraded to a chairlift. It's used a lot by the ski schools so I can imagine there being some pressure to get it done.

The old 2 person La Crusc chairlift up to the church at Santa Croce was antiquated and lethal so needed doing. It felt like I'd been rabbit punched the last time I used it. A 10 person Gondola seems a bit overkill given that it's only fed by the 4 person chairlift. But maybe the chairlift is due for replacement next time around.
latest report     
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Stella Alpina is a lovely sunny spot but the queue was a horror for a very short run...

So that upgrade is very welcome and will be interesting to see what the new run is like too...
snow conditions     
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think the lift I'd most like to see upgraded is the long cold chairlift up to Pralongia! (Masarei?). It needn't be a gondola (though that would be nice) but a faster chairlift with a bubble canopy to use when it's windy and heated seats would be luxury compared with the present chairlift.
latest report     
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
1. I'd really like the Capanna nera and Pralongia I tow lifts to be replaced by a chair. First tow is too long and the second one quite steep. Be great to get up to the half way point quickly and ski down to the main Pralongia chair and up to the Pralongia area in a shorter time

2. Regarding the new slope at Stella Alpina, seems it may be just another slope beside the existing one, to the right hand side facing uphill, but dont quote me on this!!
latest report     
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink wrote:
I think the lift I'd most like to see upgraded is the long cold chairlift up to Pralongia! (Masarei?).

If there was a vote from the Birthday Bashers, this would win! It lives in its own dimension. It's always colder than any other lift in the Sella Ronda Puzzled

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 10-06-19 19:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions     
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@maggi, glad you agree (great minds etc Toofy Grin )
snow report     
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would love if there was an alternative slope constructed to by-pass the dreaded run just above the Capanna Nera It’s always a relief to survive and relax on the terrace with a sundowner while looking up at what sometimes resembles flypaper.
latest report     
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gufo wrote:
I would love if there was an alternative slope constructed to by-pass the dreaded run just above the Capanna Nera It’s always a relief to survive and relax on the terrace with a sundowner while looking up at what sometimes resembles flypaper.

Do you mean the steep section of blue 8 that comes down from the base of the Pralongia II chair and La baita Restaurant? If so, I agree but not sure where they would put an alternative slope!!
latest report     
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes exactly the blue 8 Too many being funnelled down at the end of the day. Perhaps because it is now part of the alternative Sella Ronda route. We had a look in the summer and that piste crosses a river and there isn’t any way to alter the slope. But I can wish !
snow report     

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy