Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Manchester Telemark Festival & Indoor Race 29/30 June 2019 - tele beginners to experts welcome

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For telemark beginners to experts

Manchester Cross Country Ski club have a Telemark Festival at ChillFactore on 29 and 30 June. Details of programme, FAQs and booking via the 'Events' section at http://www.mccsc.org.uk/

The Festival runs all-day Saturday with expert instructors and coaches; the racing is Saturday eve and Sunday (Note: that if you want to do both the festival and races, you need to register for each separately)

Coaching for all levels:

For existing skiers who who would like to give telemark skiing a try - minimum standard/telemark beginner (with alpine/cross-country experience) is that you must be able to at least make 'non-tele' turns.

For more experienced/advanced telemark skiers there are intermediate and advanced coaching groups

Equipment hire available

If you are considering racing, please enter asap (and by Friday 14th June at latest), as a few more entries are needed this part of the event viable.

Come along - it will be great fun, and please spread the word around
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My son is keen to try telemark. Casts envious glances at the free heelers at C.F. But struggling to find boots. He is mondo 22/23.

Any advice greatly appreciated
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've emailed to see what the available range is (the last time I checked, the smallest size at CFe was a UK5/mp24 and the shortest ski was 150cm). There may be more available from the club at the Festival. I'll let you know when I hear back.

My experience when I was looking for junior boots a few years back with no smaller sizes available locally to just try out I bought a second hand pair from someone in the USA - this worked out ok and luckily they fitted (I passed them on when outgrown).
If you consider this I suggest the usual places to keep an eye on - maybe an advert on snowheads, check eBay - both in the UK (.co.uk) and USA (.com) if postage to the UK is an option, the winterhighland site
If your son is 'junior sized' it is worth looking for models like the Scott/Garmont G-Rex (previous models were called teledactyls and telesaurus).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Many thanks. I will look at those sites.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy