Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots now... fit later?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm looking for my first pair of (custom fit) ski boots, and I'm keen to make the most of the sales at this time of year... however...

1. The boots/liners may not fit so well come December
2. I'll miss out on a few months of the "2 years worth of free adjustments"

Should I buy boots now, at sale price, and get them fitted later this year? OR is it more sensible to pay the extra cash and get everything done at once?

or am i overthinking this whole process?

I'm either looking at Pro Feet (pricey, but close by) or Solutions 4 Feet (highly recommended, but further away for adjustments).

Thoughts/advice very welcome - thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. why would the boots not fit so well? Feet don't change fundamentally very much (albeit, e.g. a summer in flip flops may need a few days of re-habilitation)

2. yeah, but you're getting them cheaper. So...

More importantly, right now the shops' stocks are more or less at their lowest, so the fitter may have a much harder time finding you the least-demanding-boot-to-fit. Which may mean more adjustments = more or your time invested. Certainly Colin and S4F will turn you away if he doesn't have something suitable.

Purchase and fitting, IMO, are a singular process. The best boot is selected and then fitted if fitting is required. Making them two distinct processes can't be an improvement.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Harry_Gurnt, my advice would be to buy boots when the shop has the widest range of stock available, so the fitter has the best choice in putting you in boots which are right for you.

Buy skis and clothing in the sales.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name,
Quote:

right now the shops' stocks are more or less at their lowest,
I seem to remember CM recently posting that he already had all or most of his new stock in, but I could be wrong.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hurtle, I saw that also
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Hurtle, That's impressive, in which case (I didn't notice it) @Harry_Gurnt, check stocks at Profeet and if not coming up, check S4F and if CEM has most of his stock in, get thee down to Bicester.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy