Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Landgraaf Coaching

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I saw that Snoworks are doing a race camp at the Landgraaf indoor slope. Sadly, I'm not quite up to that standard but it got me wondering if anyone else ran coaching courses there at a more recreational level. I'd certainly be interested in gates / carving training or focussed technique instruction like that offered by Inside Out.

PJ
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snoworks are good at providing an introduction to racing, why not ask them whether you are at the standard.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at your local clubs, many organise coaching trips over there; Midland Ski Club for example does and will have skiers that are quite new to gates. It’s a good social too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Landgraaf's own ski school do a good rate on private lessons in the summer (from May onwards), but the instructors are often young and seem relatively inexperienced. Would definitely be interested too in something higher quality, but aimed at recreational skiers, like inside out do in Hemel.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swj wrote:
Have a look at your local clubs, many organise coaching trips over there; Midland Ski Club for example does and will have skiers that are quite new to gates. It’s a good social too.

+1

Our local club runs a trip or two a year. This has a couple of advantages - it’s the same coach as the rest of the year, so fits into a broader plan, and since the trips are run on a non profit basis, they can be very reasonable.

However, from around June to October, Landgraaf’s main race training slope is water injected, so might not be ideal for an intro to gates!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
eversolazy wrote:
Hi All

I saw that Snoworks are doing a race camp at the Landgraaf indoor slope. Sadly, I'm not quite up to that standard but it got me wondering if anyone else ran coaching courses there at a more recreational level. I'd certainly be interested in gates / carving training or focussed technique instruction like that offered by Inside Out.

PJ

We run introduction courses and camps towards high performance skiing and gates. Heading out to Landgraaf on monday 27th for a few days.
Other camps will run in Hemel in June, back in Landgraaf probably in July. If you are keen for any of it we can get you involved!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

However, from around June to October, Landgraaf’s main race training slope is water injected, so might not be ideal for an intro to gates!

I've never had a problem on slopes 3-5. They are soft and are quite suitable for an introduction to gates. In fact they get quite rutted over a 2 hour session. Leave slope 1 to the professionals; and you will see groups of professionals there. One thing that did impress me about Landgraaf was how polite and considerate these professional teams were to us rank amatuers.

@eversolazy, Almost all british racers are recreational racers (as in fact are the vast majority of sports people). Everyone starts somewhere and it upsets me that people say they cannot do something just because they didn't learn to do it when they were children. I have a friend who decided he'd like to try rock climbing and even though he only climbs indoors he has actually got quite good at it. He started when he was 70. You may not be become a great racer or like me purely record your position from last place, but you will most likely have a good time and an enjoyable experience.

As @Swj, says the Midland Ski Club is one of many running a camp at Landgraaff this summer. I'm pretty sure Western Counties are as well. I know both offer top notch instruction.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Fedess, see you there! We’re there weds-sat next week.

@johnE, they always warn me about water injection for summer bookings - they’ve never mentioned specific lanes, but I appreciate that may be the case. (I’m assuming when you say slope you mean lane - I’ve only once seen them allow gates on anything other than slope 1, and that was when the main chair broke last season).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey guys,
just an update on the conditions there. In the few days we skied (28th,29th, 30th May) snow was soft, not at all injected. The stade slope was empty and rarely with gates, so effectively all available for skiers.
We had an amazing time so decided to organize another camp on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd July, including trampoline sessions in the afternoons with our trampoline coach (just as an easy introduction to freestyle and good fitnees training).

So plenty of things to do there!

@snowdave catch up next time!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Fedess, we must have overlapped, we were in lanes 4 and 5 on weds thru Saturday - we were quite distinctive as the only gate users on the slope. Like you say, snow conditions were very good - probably the best I’ve had. They've previously closed off the stade when anyone has gates up, so you were a bit lucky this trip that they left it open the whole time.

They don’t inject until later in the summer, May is still winter training time, I know that by July it’s injected but I’m not sure when the transition point is.

If you didn’t do it this time, the high ropes and luge are well worth a go.

Were there just 3-4 of you? I saw a small group doing lots of drills. Next time come and say hi, buy our coach a beer, and we’ll let you race our 9 year olds Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy