Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski helmet question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's the difference between a male and female ski helmet (this is not a joke question)?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's no gender specific motorcycle helmet, so I'd guess nowt other than cosmetics.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably just sizing. And flowers.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@WASHOUT, loads of differences.

Most female helmets have fur somewhere on the inside. Nice.
Most female helmets have curlicue writing on them. Unecessary.
One female POC helmet has bling on it. Pointless. Unless you have a Bogner jacket.
The soft thing on the chin strap is usually softer than a male helmet. Rule 5.

In terms of shape, performance, fit, there's nothing in it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@WASHOUT, based on my research at the EoSB this year trying on over 100 helmets, there does seem to be a sizing difference, i.e. within the same brand, a mens medium is larger than a womens medium.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some Female cycle helmets sometimes have extra space for a pony tail, I don’t know if any ski ones do.

https://sportsincycling.com/blog/6-ponytail-friendly-helmets-lady-cyclists/

Other than that as others have mentioned it’s down to size and colour.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ok, I have taken a punt on a new "womens" sweet protection trooper 2 in blue size ML for £37. Fingers crossed it's the same size as men's.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go by the circumference measurement. 'Medium' means nothing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ml in a males fits me perfect and no sizing difference between Male and female on sweet protections website.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@WASHOUT, cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PowderAdict wrote:
Some Female cycle helmets sometimes have extra space for a pony tail, I don’t know if any ski ones do.

Whaaat?! I’m sure I know more men with pony tails than women around here!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarlet wrote:
PowderAdict wrote:

Whaaat?! I’m sure I know more men with pony tails than women around here!

Pony tails are common in women's cycling road racing - not so common in men's road racing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy