Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Choice of the Shop

Poster: A snowHead
Ok. It looks like I'll being skiing in slushy/spring snow come the weekend, I have a choice of any pair of ski's in the Hire shop. I don't venture off piste (or onto anything too steep.)

What ski's do I choose Toofy Grin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, i would still ook at something fairly wide to help power through the sludge, prehaps a B2 or similar (no doubt there will be a barrage of abuse about the B2 to follow) Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd suggest going stiffer if you want to power through it, or softer if you want to slide over it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boredsurfin,

Dynastar 4800 or 8000 if you think the snow is soft. Or my fave for this would be a race type GS ski if you need performance to cover icy bits, so something like an Elan would do me..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Head iM72. Stop me if I'm getting boring Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat,

i suppose with my body weight it don't really matter how soft or stiff the ski is i will power through the soft stuff Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM, I'd support the B2. I think I'm a bit like boredsurfin, as far as skiing in the spring slush. and I'm not a big ski techno-freak so I'd just like to say that I like'em
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
B2s are really good in slush.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
eng_ch, good choice.

M11?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
B2's it is then. But I have tried the Head's before Christmas and they were pretty good. Although my weather advisors seem to be suggesting better snow/temps Monday on........
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, Don't really want to trash B2's but try a ski with a bit more oomph. Work a bit harder and see what the ski gives back.

If you try other skis and still go back to the B2, then fair enough
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FWIW I skied on some B2s this year (in great snow) and really liked them (but not carrying them). It was like skiing on tanks.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I skied B2's in St Anton in the first week of April last year - was really warm and by the end of the day it was really heavy, very damp slush. Was really, really, hard work. How much of that was down to the skis I don't know... I've skiied them before in better conditions and they were OK, but they are pretty heavy.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If they have (Oh lordy I can't believe I'm saying this...) Volkl Karmas, they might be fun.

(Now what have I done?)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch,
Quote:

If they have (Oh lordy I can't believe I'm saying this...) Volkl Karmas, they might be fun.

(Now what have I done?)

You should be ashamed of yourself, boredsurfin, should be asking for Volkl Gotama's at least Little Angel
latest report
I think that the B2s are so forgiving would be a bonus in slushy, heavy conditions.
snow report
B3's yeah!!!!!!

Superb in the powder and brilliant in the Grande Sel!
snow report
snowbunny, could be...consider me suitably chastised.

Kramer, I think one might want a bit more width (I can't believe I'm saying this).

Actually, to go back to form, ask if they have a nice pair of Atomic "Red Sleds" - 205s would do, circa 1984. They're the puppies!
snow conditions
David Murdoch, I think so.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy