Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vaujany New year 2006/7 - advice please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are thinking about going to Chalet le Maitreya outside Vaujany for this coming New Year and would welcome advice of any sort but especially in relation to the following:
How quick/easy is it REALLY to get from and back to Vaujany on skis and by ski lift?
We are taking a mixed party of about 25 - beginners, young kids, teenagers and adults up to 50ish - comments on facilities for different ages please...... Bars, restuarants, swimming etc.
Best school/guide for different ages?
Any other thoughts!
Many thanks from an aging beginner with tooooo many responsibilities!
John
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads JB, sorry I can't help with your query! snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chalet Maitreya is very nice, the owners lovely and the food is very good. It wasn't an all you can drink deal when my friends stayed there, but their booze bill at the end of the week was much smaller than they thought it would be! It is a little outside Vaujany so you will need to drive up every day. This isn't too much of a hassle because you can park about 50m from the main lift station.

You always have to take some sort of a lift back to Vaujany at the end of the day, even if it's just the little lobster pot back up from the bottom of the Fare black run. Some people seem obsessed with being able to ski back to the resort at the end of the day so this might annoy them. However, using ths lifts is about as hassle free as it could be. There is a ridiculously large uphill capacity given the size of Vaujany so you will not have to deal with queues.

There is a really nice leisure centre included with your lift pass with a pool, sauna, jacuzzi. There isn't a huge amount in the way of nightlife though. A few bars and restaurants... and you'll have to drive up there from Maitreya.

As far as lessons are concerned, you have a choice between a private instructor called Christelle and the ESF. There are some v good instructors with the ESF. Philippe and Giles speak good English and are good skiers. For those who are into off-piste, it's well worth booking a private off-piste lesson. It's pretty cheap (EUR 50ish) and you get a lot of good descents in for your money off the Dome des Rousses lift.

Hope this helps!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JB, I think that Arno has pretty much covered it - just like to add that the resort is charming and whilst I'm not familier with that chalet I know that it really is fairly simple gettting on and off the mountain from the main resort. Nightlife is quite limited though!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy