Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where's the snow good in the Alps in April

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I plan to go skiing 8-15 April.

The obvious answers to my question are val Thorens and Tignes I guess.

Are there any others you would recommend?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kevins1966, welcome to snowHeads. snowHead

How about Les Deux Alpes or Zermatt?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevins1966, the snow is still excellent in Serre Chevalier at the moment. Another 40cm added to the top of the mountain in the last few days or so.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer, Helen,

Thanks for the welcome and the replies.

Les Deux Alpes? I'll check out availability.

Serre Chevalier? Your kidding? But isn't the resorts height only about 1300? I had a weeks skiing there a couple of years ago in Feb and it was fabulous. Could it really be that good in April?

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevins1966, the snow is fantastic at the moment, and more is forecast. I agree, other places may be more reliable, but it's only 2 weeks away, and thats where I'm going for Easter. I've been there twice before in April.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kevins1966, You're falling a bit into the tour-operator mindset of "the season ends in march, you have to go to a glacier in April" with your attitude here! Admittedly the higher the better in April normally, but when some places have had a bumper season... what's the problem? If you're booking late, leave it a bit longer and go where it's good... and it is good in Serre Che at the moment. In fact it's spectacular according to those in the resort I email... the best snow conditions in a lot of peoples' memory.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
what about alpe d'huez? i've been there loads of time late season and the snow's always good. They've also had loads of snow recently so should be great this april.... Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevins1966, you may, of course, want to be in Serre Che that week to witness what is sure to be rather amazing phenomenon... I will be in the resort that week and so will Helen... Helen is a snow goddess and is liiberally covered with the stuff every time she sets foot in Serre Chevalier. I, on the other hand, am the polar opposite. Whereever I go I am met with brown slopes, closed lifts & runs and mediterranean temperatures... It should be interested to see how the weather gods manage to sort this one out... Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mrs Ed and I usually go to Val D'Isere last 2 wks in April- always good except for slush at the bottom of La Daille- Mrs Ed also takes advantage of great end of season sales and the warm weather is good for gettingthe little uns out and about- just make sure you smother them in factor 60.

Have also had great skiing in Argentiere (usually the only bit of Chamonix open) at this time of year.

Sometimes it's best to 'download' to avoid rotten slush- which can really throw you around.

What about a 'how to ski slushy pistes' thread?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kevins1966, La Rosiere invariably has gtreat snow late season, check out the ski clubs historical records, at the moment there's over 3 metres at altitude and nearly 2 metres in the village. We often see instructors from other larger and better known resorts nearby bringing their clients to our area, in fact, it more often than not, snows in the last weeks of April.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kevins1966, I am going somewhere on the 15th April, but not sure where yet. Will book a week before and go where the snow is I guess. Just recently got back from Serre Che and they have been getting an unbelievable amount of snow. Went to Val Thorens last April and we had about 3 big dumps of snow that week - superb (we booked the week before and got a fully catered chalet for £250 each). Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kevins1966, The snow in ADH is still great and we also have availability in our chalet for the week of the 8th. We offer great discounts for snowheads so get in touch if you are interested. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kevins1966, LDA will be great right up until the end of April - no problems with accessibility either. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
katski wrote:
kevins1966, The snow in ADH is still great and we also have availability in our chalet for the week of the 8th. We offer great discounts for snowheads so get in touch if you are interested. Very Happy

Katski, I'm always interested in good deals. Checked out the website. How do I get in touch with you or should I just use the general info email?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kevins1966,

You can either use the general email address or you can send me a private message! Look forward to hearing from you. Very Happy
snow conditions
katski wrote:
kevins1966,

You can either use the general email address or you can send me a private message! Look forward to hearing from you. Very Happy

I have sent an email through snowheads, or tried to at least. It's the first time I've tried it so hopefully it will get to you.

K
ski holidays
kevins1966, there's a heavy snowfall now in La Rosiere, my daughter is predicting 4 metres of snow at altitude. Looks as if it'sd going to be another belting end of season.
snow conditions
Well I reckon you'll have plenty to choose from - its been snwoing here in ADH pretty much all day today (not to mention the past couple of days and due to set in again for this weekend).

If you were looking for self-catered accommodation I can no doubt help otherwise you'll probably have a great week where ever you go as I think its fairly global good conditions.
snow report
I'll be in Morzine from 6th to 17th. There is usually loads of snow as well as plenty sun. Might pop down to Tignes or Les Arc, but only coz I'll be visiting people rather than chasing the snow...
latest report
I went out last April, this week last year in fact, and it snowed all the way down to Megeve and lower for the majority of the week!! We also hit the Three Valleys and Argentiere while we were there, and it was perfect.

Megeve conditions are apparently ok, bit sticky in places, but weather was cooling down again ready for a dump in the next week or so.

That was the report I got given at the weekend anyway!!!
ski holidays
Quote:

but weather was cooling down again ready for a dump in the next week or so.

I doubt it.... the lower slopes of Megeve are looking fairly grotty (from the road, admittedly, when I drove up in the pouring rain on Thursday evening) and the neighbouring Arly Valley resorts of Praz sur Arly and Flumet are closed for the season. I'm sure there are plenty of better bets than Megeve, at the moment. It's not super warm, for April, but not cold enough for much of a dump, either, and rain is forecast for the weekend.
snow report
Apologies to Katski, but I got a deal with Neilson through Thomas Cook.

£352pp for two, self catering in Alpes D'Huez going tomorrow.

I am praying for snow.
snow conditions
kevins1966,

I think it's sunshine and low temps you want! Plenty of snow already and snow will almost de' mean rain on lower runs.
snow conditions
kevins1966,

I think it's sunshine and low temps you want! Plenty of snow already and snow will almost de' mean rain on lower runs.
ski holidays
ENGELBERG!!!!!!!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
Excellent condtions here in Obergurgl even better in HochGurgl. Perfect on & off piste 100
% coverage Very Happy
snow conditions
Excellent condtions here in Obergurgl even better in HochGurgl. Perfect on & off piste 100
% coverage Very Happy
ski holidays
Well I weent and I had great snow.

Perhaps it was luck but it snowed all day on Monday 10 April and most of the night which set up the conditons nicely for the rest of the week.

Tuesday was a powder fest and most of Wednesday too.

On top of this there was the added bonus that the slopes were pretty quiet.

Bring on my next trip.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
For what it's worth I just got back from Easter in the Portes du Soleil: the snow was still in great condition. We were able to ski right down to Champery, Chatel, even Morgins (admittedly that run was v patchy) and conditions were superb higher up. I can't promise it is like that every year mind you.....
snow conditions
the ice perv, Thanks for that. A great boost to the VT 60. Did any of you know that the Eosb starts this weekend?
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, we had some more snow last week, snowed all Mon and Tues, still snow right down to La Thuile, amazing conditions.
snow report
David@traxvax, Ironically I looked at La Ros site today. What a pity it shuts at the weekend. Almost everything still open.
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman,

No, I was not aware of that particular event, thankyou for letting me know.
ski holidays
johnboy, Am I boring you now wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy