Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski school experience your kids have had?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having stirred up a huge debate in The Piste by whinging, it's time to be positive.

My three kids have just had their best ever ski school experience in Panorama. OK, I know that they haven't been able to sample every resort on the planet, but the ski school there really is excellent. Here's where it scores:

- They really stretch the kids: in relation to their ability, our children were taken on much tougher runs in Panorama than anywhere else they've skied. The challenging skiing was usually just for a short time after lunch when the snow was good and the kids not tired; it scared them witless at first but the sense of achievement and self-confidence it gave them was amazing

- Kids were reassessed every half-day and moved up or down a group as appropriate. They were never left to fester or struggle in an inappropriate group.

- The instructors were great - the kids had confidence in them and, more important, loved them. And they matched instructors' personailities to the class abilities so, for example, the top class was taken by a serious chap who enthralled his pupils with technical details on equipment maintenance (really!) while the lower class teachers were enthusiastic and fun.

The net result was, in my lowly opinion, faster learning and greater happiness than my kids have yet experienced. I'm sure there are many other good ski schools around - where are they and what makes them so good?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thredbo ski school... at least a few years ago it was awesome - why? Angie beresford! angie rocks!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BASS in Morzine was good for my five year old.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonny,

How old were your kids? How many kids per class?

How did they find the flights, jet lag etc?

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think Jonny Jones is talking about older kids, but our 4 year old was often in "group" lessons of 1 in Canada this year - and in two weeks never more than 5, probably averaging about 2 or 3. The ski schools at both Big White and Silver Star seem to have a policy of running classes at all levels regardless of the numbers booked in for them - which probably does mean that small groups at the higher levels for little kids are fairly common.

A total contrast to our experience in Chatel last year where junior got thrown out of ski school after the first day because he could actually ski and according to them he wasn't allowed off the kids beginner area until he was 5.

He also enjoyed SMT in Mayrhofen last year, where they just looked at him skiing, and happily put him, at three and a half, in with kids of 6 and 7.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy