Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet online check-in: what boarding priority do you get?

Poster: A snowHead
If you use Easyjet's new online check-in facility what boarding priority do you get? Are you in the first group of people that board the plane, or something else?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar.org.uk, how fast can you run? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you mean the self-sevice ones at the airport, then exactly the same as you would if you went to a desk.....ie whatever category that they are up to when you check in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar.org.uk, you get a boarding number sames as the normal check in. If you want priority boarding take a child in a push chair or borrow some crutches from someone.

I have a spare pair of crutches if you want some wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar.org.uk, with the on-line check-in, for those of you with only hand baggage, the boarding priority is D. For the all night check in at Gatwick (if your flight is before 0830 you can check in your baggage from 2000 the previous day,) the boarding will be as normal. ie: the first 30 will get group A, the next 30 B etc.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Michelle. So there's no point in using the online check-in if you prefer to get onboard early?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not really rolling eyes
What airport are you travelling from and do you have baggage to check in?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Abduct a child - hand it back once on the plane Razz
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Michelle wrote:
Not really rolling eyes
What airport are you travelling from and do you have baggage to check in?

Gatwick; no just hand luggage.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If your flight is before 0830 and you can get there the evening before, then it's worth checking in then.
The benefit of the on-line check in though of course, is that you just walk straight though the airport... no queues at the desk Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michelle wrote:
If your flight is before 0830 and you can get there the evening before, then it's worth checking in then.
The benefit of the on-line check in though of course, is that you just walk straight though the airport... no queues at the desk Madeye-Smiley

I do have an early flight, but I don't think it's worth making an additional trip to LGW. As you say, online check-in does mean I get to avoid the queue the desk, even if I'm not on the plane itself that promptly.

Thanks for the advice.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why are you bothered about priority boarding? Do you feel the need to demonstrate that you think that you are more important or more worthy of being first on board than any one else? Easyjet do not have allocated seating therefore it doesn't really matter if you board first, last or in the middle. You have a seat you just don't know which one, the flight won't go without you (up to a point) so what's the rush? Have an extra beer and stroll on at the end. Cool
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
halfhand, thank goodness not everyone feels that way... we'd never depart!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle, Yes but not everyone will feel that way only the sheep and push merchants who want to make a statement. Puts me in mind of the old Ben Elton sketch about getting on the train - "double seat, double seat, gotta get a double seat." Seriously don't you often stand there and think " what are these w*****s doing crowding round the departure gate, pushing in the queue to be first on board. Perhaps if DifficultJet introduced allocated seating then there would be no need for threads such as this one and don't try to tell me that it would costly to introduce allocated seating as that would be total ballcocks!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
halfhand, some like to have the extra leg room that 18 seats (on the airbus) provide - they need to get there early for that. If we provided allocated seating, then you'd probably end up paying more for them.
Quote:
Seriously don't you often stand there and think " what are these w*****s doing crowding round the departure gate, pushing in the queue to be first on board.

dunno never see you at that point - we get you nice and calm at the door Very Happy
Quote:
Perhaps if DifficultJet introduced allocated seating then there would be no need for threads such as this one and don't try to tell me that it would costly to introduce allocated seating as that would be total ballcocks!

couldn't tell you what the costs would be, but from a personal point of view, the way it works at the moment is fine - it gets the majority of people to the gate on time, to get on board. Rarely do we have stragglers.
Very Happy
snow report
halfhand, I certainly think if you're travelling alone (or perhaps if there's just two) then I agree with you, there is no need to get hyped up about priority booking etc. But if you're in a larger group, then it's only natural to want to be seated together, and with no seat allocations, this means being fairly early onto the plane (though given the size of most planes you only need to be around the half-way point to have a good chance of staying together).

Like rob@rar.org.uk, I too am going with just handluggage. Saturday night turn up to dump my suitcases and skis on the coach that all but four of us are going to have to endure to Meribel for 20hrs+, meanwhile, we return home, have a good kip, wake up the next morning, fly out and (probably) get to the resort before everyone else! Ah, the wonders of flight! Smile

I'm flying with easyjet from Brizzle on the 9th, my first time with them... If I hear as many announcements informing those at the airport that (yet another) easyjet flight has been delayed as I did last time I was at Geneva then it may be my last flight too.
snow report
halfhand, it wasn;t you shouting at Geneva on Friday 11th about 'DifficultJet' was it? They seemed to be having trouble with the very simple self-check in. I missed the screen to choose your language, and checked in in French. It was really easy, and we passed by many people milling around trying to work out what to do. It isn't difficlut folks, just press the buttons and follow the instructions, a bit like your bank ATM really, and you can all use that. I can't see why everyone complains all the time. If Easyjet are so bad don't use them . Personally if it wasn't for Easyjet, I'd be stuck with charter flights and Thomson holidays, cos no b**ger else flys from Newcastle direct to anywhere with snow.
ski holidays
halfhand wrote:
Why are you bothered about priority boarding? Do you feel the need to demonstrate that you think that you are more important or more worthy of being first on board than any one else?

I travel with hand luggage only. I like to be in Board Group A because that means I get in the first couple of rows of seats, preferably Row 1. That means I get off the plane first, straight through Immigration, avoiding baggage reclaim and immediately to the car hire desk. The quickest I've been from touch-down to leaving GVA car park in my rental car is just under 20 minutes. In that time most people are still trying to collect all their suitcases in the baggage reclaim hall.

I don't have any desire to demonstrate my importance by getting on any plane, first, last or smuggled on with the crew. Do you feel the need to demonstrate your importance by questioning the supposed motives of others? rolling eyes
latest report
Quote:

I travel with hand luggage only. I like to be in Board Group A because that means I get in the first couple of rows of seats, preferably Row 1. That means I get off the plane first, straight through Immigration, avoiding baggage reclaim and immediately to the car hire desk.

I think that proves my point.

Helen Beaumont, No it wasn't me at Geneva. Part of me wishes it was as it would mean that I had done some more skiing snowHead BTW I actually don't mind Easyjet and apart from one instance a couple of years ago I have never had a probelm. I use them regularly both on my own and as a family and find the check in staff and cabin crew reasonable and helpful.
snow report
halfhand wrote:

How so? I don;t think it does at all. I think in this case Rob's got it bang on right, the only reason he wants an early boarding is so he can get away quickly. Normally I don;t mind waiting to get off the plane as I know that even after we queue through customs etc we'll still be waiting for baggage to be off-loaded, but if yo have no bags to collect, welll - why wait?
ski holidays
halfhand, they were much to loud a rude to be a SnowHead anyway. Forgive me, I'd had rather too much mothers day pampering yesterday. As it involved a bottle of champagne yesterday evening, you'll get my drift.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, Ahh the dangers of computer use when over the limit wink. Hope the champagne was good.

Ok a little back-peddling on my part: I accept that if travelling light you may want to get off the plane quickly and get through immigration and on your way but really I don't think it matters where you sit on one of those things. Once the plane stops you might wait 5mins before you can get off and if most people have got checked-in baggage then you'll still be away before the crowds.

Possibly a bit of a generalisation on my part initially but there are individuals who do want to make a show of being first on, at the front, we've all heard and seen them
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, if Michelle is right (and why not, she should know!) I will get pre-boarding on account of being unfeasibly tall... perhaps you need to borrow a pair of stilts, not crutches? wink
snow report
halfhand wrote:
Possibly a bit of a generalisation on my part initially but there are individuals who do want to make a show of being first on, at the front, we've all heard and seen them

Aren't they known as "first class passengers"? wink
latest report
halfhand wrote:

Really? In what way?
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, the last time I tried your trick for a weekend away, my hand luggage got taken off me at check in, then sent to the wrong city. Very Happy
snow conditions
We did hand luggage last weekend BA from Heathrow to Lyon. We landed and within 15 mins we were at car hire desk. No we weren't in row 1 but row 10.

I think we have it sorted. Check in on-line and turn up 45 mins before flight with rucksack. That is the only way to ski from now on. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Mouth, as soon as we have our storage room, that's what our short trips will be. I can wash the ski gear before we leave and leave it behind. The skis are there already.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, Yes it makes such a difference I can tell you!
snow report
Kramer wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk, the last time I tried your trick for a weekend away, my hand luggage got taken off me at check in, then sent to the wrong city. Very Happy

I've once had my carry-on luggage taken off me and placed in the hold. The flight (Geneva to Heathrow) was full, and by the time most people had boarded there was no more room in the overhead lockers. As I was one of the last onboard (heavy traffic delayed me getting to the airport) I had no choice but to give my wheely case to the Cabin Crew so they could get the ground staff to put it in the hold. It was a pain as the delay for luggage return at Heathrow is normally very bad, but at least my case actually got to the same destination as me!

I suppose the moral of the tale is don't leave it too late to board a very full flight, as you might get parted from your hand luggage.
snow report
If you are on a Easyjet flight which means taking a bus from the terminal to the plane then dont worry about being in Group A as this will mean you are first on the bus not on the plane as other groups get on the bus after you and get off first on to the plane!
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont wrote:
halfhand, it wasn;t you shouting at Geneva on Friday 11th about 'DifficultJet' was it? They seemed to be having trouble with the very simple self-check in. I missed the screen to choose your language, and checked in in French. It was really easy, and we passed by many people milling around trying to work out what to do. It isn't difficlut folks, just press the buttons and follow the instructions, a bit like your bank ATM really, and you can all use that. I can't see why everyone complains all the time. If Easyjet are so bad don't use them . Personally if it wasn't for Easyjet, I'd be stuck with charter flights and Thomson holidays, cos no b**ger else flys from Newcastle direct to anywhere with snow.

Actually I didn't really understand the set up at Geneva - you queue to use a self check-in machine and then because everyone has to use them you join a longer queue to actually check in your luggage. Maybe gives the check-in staff marginally less to do but its not like it really smoothes the queueing system (except for hand luggage only)
snow report
fatbob wrote:

Actually I didn't really understand the set up at Geneva - you queue to use a self check-in machine and then because everyone has to use them you join a longer queue to actually check in your luggage. Maybe gives the check-in staff marginally less to do but its not like it really smoothes the queueing system (except for hand luggage only)

If you search on SnowHeads you'll find the score with this, you're quite right obviously, but I think Easyjet have correctly deduced if they keep people moving they'll be convinced it's quicker rolling eyes

Easyjet really are the envy of other industries for being able to get away with this kind of stunt Very Happy
snow report
ise wrote:
If you search on SnowHeads you'll find the score with this, you're quite right obviously, but I think Easyjet have correctly deduced if they keep people moving they'll be convinced it's quicker rolling eyes

I've heard a rumour that they're going to be installing treadmills in the check-in area for next season's winter timetable.

Wink
snow report
rob@rar.org.uk, not without royalities if you patent the "business process" first Very Happy
snow report
fatbob, I didn't say that I saw the point of them, lots of people seemed to be having difficulty working out how to use the machines, which were easy to use. The queues for the luggage belt were also much smaller than normal and we were checked in in about 5 minutes both times we've used them.
latest report
If people used easy jet the way it was intended then it would be. Easy that is.

Instead you get gangs of people milling about waiting to be told what to do and shown how to do it. It is simply a matter of following a few written instructions. That is why it is cheap.

If people who want to be waited on hand and foot because they are no holiday would just bug off and use a tour operator, them the rest of us could get on with it!! I suxpect these idiots are the reason that prices are creaping up.

Personally I have always found easyjet to be quick, courteous, helpful and EASY. They even let me check in for a flight that was due to fly at 6 thirty when I arrived at 8 o'clock having got the timetable wrong (the summer timetable started a week earlier than I expected) because luckily for me it had been delayed for 2 and a half hours!!
The other passengers weren't so happy but I still enjoyed the free drink we all got as compensation for the delay!!

Jo
snow conditions
Who cares what boarding priority you get the plane doesnt take off untill everyone who has checked, is on board Sad

I agree with the last comment. In fact I wish EasyJet gets out of the Ski Business Very Happy
snow report
Who cares what boarding priority you get the plane doesnt take off untill everyone who has checked, is on board Sad

I agree with the last comment. In fact I wish EasyJet gets out of the Ski Business Very Happy
snow report
oopalley, this is my experience too, I assume from your location you were using Newcastle airport, perhaps they have a better class of staff up here, and are more courteous. Ryanair were fine too when we flew to Bergamo last Summer. The flight is only a means of getting from A to B, no-one expects a train or bus service to provide waitress service.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy