Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton accomodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We've decided on St Anton for next Feb half term (you have to do these things early). We've booked the flights (to Munich, cheaper than elsewhere for scheduled flights and not too far to drive), we need to settle accomodation. Any suggestions?

We're a family of two adults (49 by then, God help us), two 12 year old kids. We'd like to be pretty near to the lifts. We don't need late night entertainment, but some decent restaurants and the odd bar within walking distance would be good. We're thinking of B&B or self catering; we prefer that to half board so that we can try different restaurants. Nothing flash, clean and comfortable is fine.

I've seen the other St A thread, which is helpful. Would Nasserein be a good spot? I stayed in a chalet there years ago and seem to remember it was OK, not too far to walk into town, but my memory may be faulty. What's the bus service Nasserein to St A like? Is it on the lift pass? Do we want to stay in Stuben or St Christoph instead? We want easy access to the St Anton slopes as the kids at least want some demanding skiing.

I gather that there is now a sports centre in the middle of St A instead of the railway station; any good? If so , it's be good to be close to it as accompanying the kids for a swim or a skate is always a good thing when you're completely knackered and all you want to do is see if you can still raise a glass of beer to your lips.

Anyone know anything about the Anton Aparthotel?

As always, all info gratefully received.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just done 5 nights myself B&B shouldnt be a problem I was on the road between Nasserein and St A by the church.

I suggest you mail the Tourist office, they have an excellent brochure of all available accom. with a town grid map showing location of the properties. stantonamarlberg.com I rang them with my dates and reqirements and they then mail back list of accomodation and prices then I faxed proprietors directly. Only prob is getting money to those who wont take credit cards. Although you have plenty of time to sort that out.

Nasserein would be cheaper thatn St A (just) the two B&B's I have stayed in have both been clean and spacious with continental style breakfast buffet plus a boiled egg or bacon/egg choice each day.

Ski bus included on pass.

had a look at Stuben lovely village but a bit limited for the kids.

St Christoph looks expensive to me.

i used the train from Friedrichshafen below Munich really easy depending on arrival times.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bedfordblue, thanks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nasserein would be ideal for families. There is a gondola that takes you into the St Anton system, and the bus goes from there to the other end of town. There are some really nice bars and restaurants around there as well.

Keep a close eye on your wife... wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy