Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Villars Ski Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

We're going to Villars at the end of next week for a few days, and I'm trying to work out the most economical way to buy our ski-passes...

I've still got the hands-free ski cards from our last visit, and I think i've managed to register them on the online booking system (linked to from www.tele-villars-gryon.ch but run by easyski?)

It appears I can get the best price by buying 4 one day tickets at the special price on the front page, rather than a single 4 day pass.

My question is - has anyone else tried this, and is there a problem with 'loading' multiple single day passes on to a single card?

Thanks in advance snowHead ,

Dave
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dave: the problem is that most of the skiers here only go to a handful of 'mega resorts' in the French Tarentaise so they're not really able to offer any advice. Apparently, skiing is 'barometered' merely by altitude, number of pistes, lifts and trendiness-Villars aint gonna fit the bill!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kevin mcclean, that seems a bit harsh!

I enjoy the French "mega resorts" as you describe them but also really enjoy the smaller resorts particularly for shorter trips when the smaller piste area isnt really a factor.....
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevin mcclean wrote:
Dave: the problem is that most of the skiers here only go to a handful of 'mega resorts' in the French Tarentaise so they're not really able to offer any advice. Apparently, skiing is 'barometered' merely by altitude, number of pistes, lifts and trendiness-Villars aint gonna fit the bill!

personally my season pass covers there so that's why I don't know NehNeh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevin mcclean, didn't you go to Tignes last year? Or was it Val... Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Does kevin mcclean actually know the answer to DaveYoung's question? Or is his post as irrelevant as it seems?

I may be going to Villars in April for a cheeky day or two, so will be interested in any relevant info that gets posted.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DaveYoung, I've used a similar system in Champéry (not a mega resort wink ) without too many problems. We did get some strange looks when we produced 2 year old lift passes though Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone.. I think I'll risk buying the 4x 1 day tickets for each ski pass online as the saving seems to good to pass up (and the website seems to allow me to to that).

I'll report back on whether i hit any problems, for future reference.

Cheers
Dave

PS - I was considering the Valais ski card as possibly a good alternative in future, but given Ise's comments in another thread, maybe not such good value. (I can't actually tell how good value it is, as I can't find anywhere that says how many points are actually needed for each resort Puzzled )
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DaveYoung, it's one franc for one franc as far as I know. If you load the card with 500chf then you get a 50chf discount, ie it costs 450chf. There's the convienence at peak times of not queueing to get a day ticket etc. You can buy them at a couple of the service stations on the autoroute.

By and large it's not really worth it as far as I can see, for me I can't see how it works for part day passes, ie morning passes or the per hour passes some of the local stations use and I use on the way to work. In fact, I'm going to contact them and ask them Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise, Like DaveYoung, I have been considering the Valais ski card, but can't figure out if it's worthwhile.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't answer your question, but I was in Villars for a week, 11th to 18th March and the snow was brilliant, last day it started to warm up so don't know what it is like now.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy