Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glenshee

brian
brian
Best snow cover for 5 years.

Very well consolidated base. On piste was hard but takes an edge ok, with some soft stuff drifting behind fences. Off piste was a mixture of refrozen spring and some fairly stiff windblown fresh stuff on some of the lee slopes. Most enjoyable snowHead

They caught another 10 cm or so of fresh snow yesterday so it should be even nicer now.

Some pics:

Glas Maol poma

Cluny poma, looking over Meall Odhar to Glas Maol

Glas Maol and its poma

Looking back from the ridge heading towards Centre Gulley

Tiger !

From Glas Maol, looking down to the A93

Sunnyslope chair

Looking towards Carn Aosda
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brian, thanks for the piccies. What's the chance of it lasting till Easter?
ski holidays
 brian
brian
marc gledhill, Easter should be good. There's enough base to withstand a fair bit of thawing. If you're planning a trip then probably best to go for Cairngorm as the majority of runs finish 500 feet higher which can make a big difference to how long they last.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fantastic Brain,

Driving up tomorrow night, carn't wait. Some REAL skiing at last snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
More snow today, turning milder tonight then cooling off on Sunday with even more snow into next week.

What an excellent end to March !! Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, Great pix - hope you enjoyed yourself skiing as well as taking pix! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 brian
brian
easiski, certainly did. I knackered myself skiing flat out in the morning. Had to stop for some rests in the afternoon, hence lots of pics Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great to see some good
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jeez, whish I was there!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
feckin great, i was there on Thursday.

Been 4 times this March, and i was at Glencoe 4 times in Feb.

hope to go to the shee a few more times, i'm addicted, just dinny ken what i'm gonna do when it's gone snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just got back from Glenshee this weekend - and it was very wet. Thank God for Goretex !

Clocked up an enormous mileage on my Tele skis thanks to fast Pomas and no queues. The Tiger and Glas Maol were excellent, soft forgiving snow, but tiring.

Unfortunatley with the rise in temps the snow is starting to go quite quickly, although things should start to cool off a little from Wednesday.

If you haven't skied Scotland yet and want to know what all the fuss is about, I suggest you head there this W/E snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Peter S,

Should have come to Cairngorm wink. Wasn't there Saturday, but the sun was suppossed to have come out in the afternoon (had a nice XC ski in the Clash instead). Was there Sunday. Morning was a mix of blue sky, cloud/mist and occasional drizzle, but in the afternoon it was hot and sunny and I was regretting not having any sun cream. Spent the day teleing on very forgiving soft snow which was getting a bit sticky by the afternoon. I'm now knackered as there wasn't a queue all day and practically every run was open so I also did a lot of mileage.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hope more snow is coming Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
how long left of the ski season at glenshee
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

how long left of the ski season at glenshee

Till the snow runs out or the punters stop turning up wink

Its Scotland so we could have raging South Westerlies with summit temperatures in the low teens and torrential rain at any time - get that for a day or so and Glenshees season would be over as the low level access to the more snow sure areas like Glas Maol and Coire Fion would be gone. However at the moment there is a possibility of more snow this week and next week so there is a good chance the season could last well into April, and the possibilty of touring for a bit longer.

Check out
http://www.winterhighland.info/2006/general/index.php

for up to date info and pictures and reports from the slopes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy