Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Backwards up a drag lift (also did a rail and a 180).

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well I've finally done it.

Years and years ago I saw a guy do it on one of the drags on the glacier at LDA and thought it looked really cool but have bottled loads of chances to try it for myself until . . . about two weeks ago at Panorama (Canada). Came out at the bottom of a nursery slope that was virtually flat and where you have to go up the drag to get back to the main lifts. Hardly anyone in sight so I did it from about half way. Hurrah.

I also sort of did a rail at Mount Norquay. It was a really wide one so you ski straight down it but still I'll count that. It's a bit like skiing into slush in that you practically stop dead but it's on a hard surface.

I also did my first 180 (off snow and intentional). My friends are being picky and saying it was technically a 165 but I landed it and I'm claiming it. The attempt before was er . . . less successfull.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Congratulations! thats 3 more ticked off then! snowHead wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NickW, How many octaves higher do you now sing?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
nice one nickw keep it up ,finally masterered my 360 ,been doing it on dry so should be easier on the snow ,gary
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
going backwards up a drag? i soil my pants going forwards up them!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
george_1,

So it was you, was it?? snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Contrary to what I was expecting, going backwards up a drag was not that uncomfortable but you do have to pay attention or it would be very easy (and embarrassing) to do the splits.

Amusing story. At Lake Louise there's a long, steep in places, drag lift to get to the top of the back bowls. My friend, a very good snowboarder, gets into the gate, faffs around a bit (he is a bit of a faffer) and just lets the first pole, which the liftie had handed to him, go, as he wasn't ready. After which the liftie looked at him and asked 'Have you done this before' at which point I rolled around laughing. To prove a point he then got out a cigarette so he could smoke it on the way.

The liftie was pretty clued in to be fair. He told me to keep an eye on the guy in front (a skier) and sure enough he fell off at the steepest point. The problem was he didn't get off the track and then started to slide backwards down the slope with his skis in the air. There was no time to get out of his way and no way I wanted to go back down and queue up again whilst my mate laughed at me so I pushed by feet forward and clamped my legs together and although he hit me, he bounced off to one side. The last I saw he looked like he was going to slide all the way down. The guy behind me called him a few names when we got off and said if I hadn't deflected him he would have taken out next 4 or 5 people for sure.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Red Leon, Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy