Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

B2 bandits for big skier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been sking for a long time and am advanced/expert. About a mouth ago I broke my 197 cm Dynastar 4X4s and ended up renting some 174 cm K2 Apaches. Was going to try the new short technology anyways just got forced into it sooner than I thought. Love it, skiing is easier and my knees thank me every day. My question is : I am 210 lbs and 6 foot tall and can get a killer deal on some 182 B2 bandits. I sometimes feal that maybe the 174 were a bit short for my size. I ski with my 14 year old son in Colorado and we ski everthing including lots of bumps. What is your opinion?
thanks in advance, Ralph

p.s. I can't find any 182 B2s to demo
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ralphnewman, welcome to snowHead !

Have you tried the B2s in a length other than 182? Have you tried other Rossi skis, do you like the brand? What proportion of your skiing is on-piste and how much off-piste? Can you provide any more background?

If money's not too tight, and if the deal on the 182 B2s is so good that you'll hardly lose any money by selling them on Ebay if you don't like them (say, no more than a day or so's rental), then what's to lose? But if buying skis is a big chunk of money for you, I'd be tempted to demo other skis and buy whichever of those I liked best.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ralphnewman, I'm roughly the same size as you, and I ski on last season's B2s at 176, which I think are a bit on the short size for me. I would go for the 182s or even a bit longer.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy