Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

any view on the next weeks weather?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yipee back out for another weeks skiing on the 25th to Praz sur Arly. Its a low reort next door to megeve so not expectin fresh snow on the doorstep, though they currently have in excess of a 100cms at 1036m which is healthy.

Any snow on the horizon in the coming week? Looks like a high is sat over western Europe again...

Cheers
David
(7 sleeps from a long drive Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, snow this week. Little Angel
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
excellent Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skinutter, snap! We are out there this week. I'll try and post an update via my husbands Blackberry. Have you been there before as this is our first time to Praz.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skinutter, snap! We are out there this week. I'll try and post an update via my husbands Blackberry. Have you been there before as this is our first time to Praz.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 17-03-06 23:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been through Praz i don't know how many times but other than stopping at the tourist office and the bakery and skiing one morning there thats about it.

Its quaint with the only exception being the main road between Megeve and Albertville which can be busy. other than that, gorgeous scenery and low rise traditional buildings etc. You can now ski from Praz all the way to Les Saisies/Bisanne on a single pass though i'm not sure how many of the links are/will be open

Where are you staying?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Only driven through in the summer and the valley was very pretty, so expect more on the lines of Megeve in snow which is a very pleasing sight
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

You can now ski from Praz all the way to Les Saisies/Bisanne on a single pass though i'm not sure how many of the links are/will be open

I'd be very surprised if they are not all open. They are high. They have been closed so far this season only because of blizzards/high winds. Some of the bottom slopes in the Arly Valley, including the very bottom of Notre Dame de Bellecombe, were showing some sighs of spring snow this week, but mostly the pistes were in good condition and the top sectors of Praz sur Arly (ie the Ban Rouge) and Notre Dame should be excellent. Quite a few of the lower slopes are sheltered from the sun by trees, as well as being generally east facing. The east facing pistes off Mont Bisanne (Eterlou, Chamois, Kamikaze) and the top sector in ND de B are amongst the last to become unskiable - we were still ski-ing them on 20 April, after weeks of baking sun, last year. Crest Voland will probably suffer the most.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
just can't wait to get back down!!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bit of snow tuesday, lots wed-thur. However there is still awsome spring snow to be had, read your aspect and when. Little Angel
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Snow down to 1100 m today in the Alps
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Snow down to 1100 m today in the Alps

That would be great, but the temperatures would need to drop. it's a cloudy morning but already above freezing before 9am and rising, probably be 6 or 7 by mid day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy