Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowdome Virgin

Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to the Snowdome tonight for the first time, but exactly how cold is it compared with skiing outdoors in Europe? In other words, can I dispense with my ski-jacket and just wear a base layer and fleece instead?

Thanks in advance. snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bh1, I wear a base layer and fleece, and I'm fine. I wear an old pair of ski trousers as well, though I have skied MK in walking trousers. Never worn a hat, don't forget to take ski gloves. You will see some folks dressed for January at altitude!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowbunny, many thanks. Little Angel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes a thin jacket is fine.
You even get people skiing in jeans at castleford Very Happy

Wear gloves, the poma lifts are cold to hold on to and you will spend more time on them then skiing

I always wear a hat but some dont. I have also skiied in some waterproof walking trousers

Most importantly dont expect too much from it, I find it is a decent fix for keeping your technique in scratch but more then one visit every two or three months and it gets very boring
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bh1, I always think that people in full ski clobber look a bit odd at snowdomes. You can get a bit chilly though, I use a baselayer, thin fleece and sweatshirt on top and a pair of cheap insulated ski pants I picked up in last years sales.

No hat, but gloves are a good idea.

Where are you going to?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marc gledhill, Tamworth for my sins. Skullie
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bh1, it's not very cold, like snowbunny has said, I tend to wear a base layer and a fleece , and an old pair of ski trousers. wear gloves as the rope pulls will hurt lots otherwise
have fun snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bh1, Going to the 8 till 11 session,I'll see you there then Very Happy All the above advice is correct,don't overdress.Get there a bit early,queues for boots/skis are a pain.Would advise own boots if you have them(there's are crap)ski's are adequate? but don't get too excited.Very busy for the first hour or so,calms down the later it gets.If you fancy a chat over coffee say,and we'll arrange a meet?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
3 hours...??? don't you get bored sh**less..??
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JT, Some of us have been known to do Phat Night at MK on a Saturday which is 4hrs but some of that time is spent socalising either in the bar or the restaurant snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Linds,
I suppose if there is bunch of you and its really social then its possible..

Get warmed up for your next hol' then..?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JT wrote:

yes only ever cope with about 2 hours before I get either board or fed up with the number of people.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bh1, personally I find Cas fairly cold and I'd reccommend you wear most of your normal ski gear. The problem is you don't generate much heat on the slope unless you're a beginner or you're jumping around on the rails etc - indoor slopes are very short and flat, and the queues are big so you do a lot of standing around.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JT wrote:

errrr.........generally,yes.These days tend to use Tam for specific reasons ie,tonight my James is trying his new ski's out,and Livvy is settling into new boots.I shall be poodleing about between the slope and the bar,and the wife will be trying to avoid the boarders who seem to follow her everywhere wink
Domes are what they are,better than nothing............just!I'm 30mins from Tamworth.If it were an hour frankly,I don't think I'd bother.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowdomes are really good for sledging though Madeye-Smiley

It's not that cold, don't worry. I usually wear a T-shirt, jumper and regular trousers (wear cheap waterproof walking torusers over the top if you have them. Salopettes, unless they're quite thin, are usually too warm IMHO). If you're going to Ski Wednesday, get there around 9, queues are smaller for equipment.
ski holidays
bh1, so have you been and were you cold?
ski holidays
rob and sharon,

Yes, we went to the final session of the day at Tamworth. It was nice to get the skiing legs back. The comment about spending more time going up that down is so turn but it's nice to have the time to reflect and think about how to do things differently on the next run. I wore a base layer and fleece and it felt just right, although there were a few people there at both extremes (jacket, hat, scarf ,etc and others with just a T-shirt).

Thanks to all for their input! Toofy Grin Very Happy Smile Madeye-Smiley Skullie Skullie
snow conditions
bh1, cool or warm depending on your view
glad you had a good time snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy