Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra & private lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just back from a week in Pas de la Casa. Having only skied in Austria I was unsure of how I would find Andorra, but I have to say overall I loved it.

We stayed in the Himalaia Pas which was great - huge rooms & good food! The size of the room was a big surprise having stayed in a couple of shoeboxes in Austria.

The resort isnt that attractive but the great snow and good food made up for it. Although we were disappointed as the lifts were closed on the last day due to a huge dump of snow, but Im sure everyone is taking advantage of the great conditions this week!

We also found the apres wasnt quite as full on as we had experienced in Austria, but it was quite nice to be able to sit in a bar & catch up on the days events without music pounding at 20decibels. Just to prove we arent getting old we did really have some great nights out in the local bars too!

This year I decided to take a few hours private lessons as I wasnt hugely impressed with the ski school lessons - wow, what a difference it made to my skiing! This was my 3rd year & I thought I had been progressing quite well, but a couple of hours a day over 3 days brought me much further than I thought possible. Somehow our my instructor managed to sort out my weight, range of movement & turns in one fell swoop. He then managed to sort out the fear I had suddenly been experiencing & got me taking on black runs (albeit Andorra blacks) & going off-piste . No more group lessons for me in future - was worth every penny.

So for any other fairly new skiers I can really recommend a few hours private lessons
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy