Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Tragedy.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bad news. Anyone who knows Darren Turner, ski instructor and DJ at the Grott Yeti will be saddened to hear of the death of his Brother in Law, Damian, also a ski instructor and guide, who lost his life in an avalanche, yesterday. It happened on the Briancon side of the Prorel.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris - is he anything to do with Davina at Buisonniere in Villeneuve?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carled, I'm sorry to say that Darren's sister is called Davina but I don't know where she works. I will try to find out.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
She was the owner/runner of Buissoniere last year - my kids went through her school... I'm just worried that if Damian was Darren's brother in law, then the chances are high that he was married to Davina I'd have thought... sad news indeed...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
carled, sorry, I didn't know that Buissoniere was a ski school. Then sadly, as Davina is an instructor, Damian must have been her husband.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hang on... thinking about this again this morning... She was Davina Turner last year - still same surname as her brother, so unless she married since last year or didn't change her name when marrying, she can't have been married? Maybe not her husband after all... Anyhow, doesn't really matter - tragic whichever way you look at it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Guys, I just caught up with this thread today, I must have missed it last week. I have met Davina , she joined us for dinner with Easiski in LDA at the PSB. She is a good friend of hers, so she would know i suppose. Her Dad lives out there too. I have also met Darren in the Alpen bar. Sympathy to the family, it must be awful for them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I heard from Mel today - it was Davina's husband that died.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
carled, Yes - it's Davina's husband - a high mountain guide who did a lot of work for the SCGB actually. We don't actually have to take the man's name when we marry you know - many women like to keep their name for professional and personal reasons! Very sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, how awful.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont, I've sent Davina an email, but of course, realistically there's nothing anyone can do. At least she has her brother and father there to help, and I expect her other brother will come out from the UK.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, sorry - I wasn't trying to be a smartarse with the name thing - just rambling out loud in my thought process. I had a bit of a run-in with Davina last year when trying to sort out kids ski school for my daughters but ended up chatting to her a few times by the end of the week and found her to be a really nice person - just awful news...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just seen this post. Davina provided my instruction on a SCGB holiday in Tignes. She is a lovely lady and fantastic skier, as is her brother Darren who also taught on the same holiday. How absolutely awful for her. V. sad.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy