Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Liverpool - Geneva, Easyjet, How Much ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having had a nightmare Mad with a major tour op this season, am looking at going it alone next year.
Cannot get next years prices yet from Easyjet, so did anyone out there fly Liverpool - Geneva, return.
Departing Saturday or Sunday 18/19 February 2006 ? If so, how much was it ?
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry Sarge - it's an unanswerable question. It depends on when you book your tickets. Get 'em early and it could be as little as £40 return inc. taxes. Leave it late and prices will be almost 10 times that. However you will find a vast array of alternative "non cheap" carriers too that may come in around the £100 mark.

Try http://www.flightmapping.com/maps/Europe/ for a good idea of who flies where. You may find a uk airport closer to home than Liverpool...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sarge, We have booked winter Liverpool-Geneva flights several times in the last few years. Winter schedules for easyjet emerge any time from mid-August - mid September. If the week you are looking at is half-term, you can expect to pay anything up to double what the same flights are either side of half term. You can register with easyjet (and probably other no-frills airlines) to be emailed with alerts as to when the flights are released. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Carl n Annie, Thanks. I am aware of the how the pricing works, but haven't traveled with them at half term since 2004. That year, as subscribers etc, we knew the instant the seats were on line, but the half term return price was still close to £300 if I remember right, even booking in August or whenever it was; hence my message
Quote:

did anyone out there fly Liverpool - Geneva, return.
Departing Saturday or Sunday 18/19 February 2006 ? If so, how much was it ?

"When did you book" should be added to my original post ![/b]
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Newcastle-Geneva that weekend was £240 but Stansted-Lyon eg was £65. Depends which area is on what half term dates.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Used EJ loads of times (5-6 to go skiing in last 3 years) good servce , seems to be getting a bit more expensive - flying to geneva tuesday am coming back saturday booked too early cos there were 5 of us about £100 return. If you time it right its very cheap. Return flight is not until about 9:30 - 10 at night so can get a full days skiing in.

Have also flown blackpool-standsted-geneva return very cheaply , and blackpool-stansted-freidrichshafen (for St Anton) also very cheap (St Anton last April was about £50 return i think) - this is handu cos we all live in blackpool anyway saves on transfers parking etc.

NB Can also fly with jet2.com from manchester or leeds/bradford but never done it.

We have never used a package because it has always seemed easier to do it ourselves especially as sometimes like this week we only do 4-5 days.

hope this helps
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sarge, it would be worth also looking at BA for Manchester to Geneva and also swiss air. Sometimes they are cheaper than the budgets, especially at peak times. With these you tend to book up much earlier and the dates/prices should be available very soon.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sarge, For this year, I wanted to get to Geneva on the same weekend as it was half term. I booked my flights in late October and was quoted around £1000 for two adults and two kids from Liverpool to Geneva and back the following weekend. So I did a bit of trawling around and got returns from Coventry to Lyon for around £400. A night in a travel lodge, the drive and parking at Coventry, drive to Switzerland and a night in Lyon on the way home cost around £200 so I still saved myself £400. It's only 1 hr 30 mins from Lyon to Geneva.

Moral of the story, unless you get in as soon as the flights are announced, don't bother with Easy Jet unless you have to.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sarge, FWIW, here's how I got on with Easyjet on the EMA-Geneva route. Hope it goes better with you if you fly with them.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nick Zotov and all Thanks for the good info
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I find this site invaluable for trawling around looking for best flight times/prices

http://www.skyscanner.net/

The month view is very handy!

Sarge, the likes of BA release their flights 350 odd days beforehand, worth checking....

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sounds like half term week & if I without kids suspect that you can bet the sleasyjet pricing model won't be offering them as bargain fares. They're not stupid as they'll sell out thet weekend at more or less any non-transatlantic price.

other scheduled could well bve a better bet
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy