Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip next season...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
me and 4 others want to get away next year, we are all students and need to do it on a budget...
any reccomendations on places to go and where not to go? were thinking of heading out about christmas time, maybe a little later.
thanks alot!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Livigno.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
george_1, there are lots of considerations here. If you are looking to reduce costs as much as possible then things you could consider are:
Stay slightly out of centre of resort or stay in a smaller outlying town.
Travel by coach or self-drive.
Go in early Jan rather than Dec.

If you are looking for advice on snow-suredness then most here will be cagey and reply that nothing is guaranteed and that you should wait to see where it appears to be landing. If you go in Jan, you could afford to wait and do that as it is the quietest time. Christmas/New Year is not so and can book up quicker. Applying all the usual caveats of past performance is no quarantee of future prospects etc, Austria has fared better than France for early snow in recent years, the higher you go, in theory, the better.

If you went in January, you could get some cheap Ryanair flights to Salzburg and go to one of the resorts near there, Obertauern, Zell-am-See, Kaprun, Schladming there is loads of choice and Austrian train fares are cheap.

You could wait to get a last minute booking, there are often cheap deals that way

Hope this helps.

By the end of this thread you will no doubt have been given every perceivable option and country and we will all have contradicted each other and you will be none the wiser wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
haha well ill probably end up very confused then, im going to look into austria, we went by coach this year although the jouney took 30 hours!!
thanks for the advice, i think ill have a look and see what deals are around! thanks alotRay Zorro
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
george_1, I organised a trip for a large number of students this year and the price worked out for accommodation (centre resort and about 100m from the piste) with full lift passes for just under 250 euros per person - if you could go either the week before Christmas or first week in New Year I can probably get mid-week deals which would ensure cheaper flights! So perhaps you might bear that in mind. PM me for any further details.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy