Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

hintertux or stubai glaciers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i got a few days of at the end of may, so i would like to get in a couple of days skiing, so just looking at the pros and cons of these two glaciers given the fact that i have to use public transport, so i guess neustift would be the best base for the stubai, but that means busing it to the glacier everyday, but the amenities would be very good in neustift, also i think it might be just a bit easier to get to from innsbruck airport, the hintertux probably has more accomodation near the slopes, but less to do when not skiing, and is probably a bit harder to get to from innsbruck, i"m leaning towards stubai, but somebody has told me that a few lifts might be shut in late may, i guess in the end it just depends where i can get accomodation when i book up.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hintertux.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@compostcorner, for Hintertux if you want to have something to do in the evening or afternoons then you would want to stay in Mayrhofen. In May a lot of the town hotels ate closed with maybe 5 restaurants open and most shops open. However in the last week it starts to reopen with everything open from 1st June.

We have been the last couple of years in the last week of May and skied a couple of days only. All the slopes below Tuxer Fernerhaus were closed (apart from piste 2/2A this doesn’t really matter tbh), but only by a few days. Snow above the Tuxer Fernerhaus was good until around 11.30 when it became slushy and by 2.30pm I wanted to be by the outside pool (25+ Celsius in the valley) Smile.

There were quite a few racing teams but not many tourists on the slopes.

I haven’t skied at Stubai so cannot comment.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have taken a day trip out from Mayrhofen to Stubia one summer but prefer Hintertux, seemed like there was more extensive skiing there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy