Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salzburg-Saalbach Transfer Jan 11-18 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will be booking a transfer Szg-Saalbach for the 11th January 20 and back to SZG on the 18th for the Bristol EasyJet flights very soon. There are four of us and we will book whatever, so another 2 or 3 will reduce the cost for us and anyone on the same flights, pm me if it helps you. Quote at moment is 300 euros total. Will add this to the village thread when it starts, and bump it later in year, but I like to be organised and sure others do too.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
260 bus from Salzburg Airport to Maishofen is about €13 per person each way. Takes just over an hour and a half. You’ll then need to get a taxi up the valley to Saalbach. Alternatively, stay on the bus until Zell am See and then catch the 680 bus to Saalbach.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Austrian Seagull, thanks for the suggestion, it sounds simple enough, but we think our transfer price is very reasonable without finding any other takers so will go with the extra convenience of the door to door service. Posted in case it helps other Snowheads with their plans. I know the resort choice from SZG is huge but I would be surprised if we were the only people on a (hopefully) full saturday flight heading to Saalbach.......
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Alternatively, stay on the bus until Zell am See and then catch the 680 bus to Saalbach.

@Austrian Seagull, Surely you can just change buses at Maishofen and get the bus from there to Saalbach? I hear that the bus drivers actually talk to each other and ensure that the transfer is properly coordinated. Never done it myself, but the last time I considered doing it that way, I researched the journey on www.oebb.at and recall that the total fare was under EUR 15.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Alternatively, stay on the bus until Zell am See and then catch the 680 bus to Saalbach.

@Austrian Seagull, Surely you can just change buses at Maishofen and get the bus from there to Saalbach? I hear that the bus drivers actually talk to each other and ensure that the transfer is properly coordinated. Never done it myself, but the last time I considered doing it that way, I researched the journey on www.oebb.at and recall that the total fare was under EUR 15.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tatmanstours wrote:
Quote:

@tatmanstours, Definitely. I forgot that the 680 bus stops at Maishofen too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@toyah807, can you let me know how you get on with this and who you got your quote from. I am looking at going next year probably early March. Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@riman8, If you PM me your email address, I'll gladly send you my comprehensive guide to Saalbach, which includes information about transfer options. (Ignore this message if you already have it.)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@toyah807, surely for the convenience and cost it is so much easier to hire a car?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am getting €315 with Salzburg taxi for my transfer in March.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bump. Still only 4 of us and we are quite happy at that, but looking at the current BRS-SZG flight price (170 odd return before bags) for our week it must be fairly full so if it helps 2 or 3 other snowheads to join and share this transfer let me know. If there are multiple flights that day we are on the 1130 Bristol departure for Salzburg on the 11th and 1510 return on the 18th
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy