Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bag to take skis, boots and helmet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having booked return flights to Zürich including checked bag for £100 in February with British Airways was feeling very smug until realised that additional bag was £130!! So, need to buy a bag which will get skis (175cm), boots and helmet (other gubbins a bonus).

Would something like the Dakine Fall Line do the job? What else do snowHead use for BA?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fall line is perfect though take your helmet at least as hand luggage - boots too if you subscribe to the don't risk losing the thing that will most eff up your trip theory
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have a large wheel ski bag from Decathalon, about £80. Carries everything except my boots which go into a medium sized backpack and go as hand luggage. Works for me. Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Brand called Douchbag makes two models The Slim Jim (wouldn't fit ski boots) and The Douchebag which I've been using. I travel ioth 2sets of skis (big powder skis with kingpins and freestyle skis) two paris of ski boots 2jackets pants and helmet. Takes a bit of tetris practice but it fits. The reason I didn't go for dakine is that douchebag is easy to store as you can roll it. You can also adjust the lenght for shorter skis. Or use it as a non ski bag when rolled half way. Just remeber to remove the handle before checking the bag in as it's easy to loose it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fischer Ski Skicase for 3 Pairs - Alpine Race 190, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H5SJK9F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_dKnUCbCZ4GXHW?tag=amz07b-21

Great ski bag. Fits 2 sets of skis and boot easily. Recently went to st Anton with all my kit for 5 days skiing - skis, poles, helmet, boots and all my clothing. Fitted in no bother an no issue with BA
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thule roundtrip. Double ski-bag, but will take a pair of skis, poles, boots and other assorted paraphernalia no problem. I use it as my only bit of hold luggage and take helmet in hand luggage, but helmet would fit in there too if you want to risk a battering from the baggage handlers.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a thule 190cm roundtrip wheeled bag, seems to do the job but weights 3.5kg... they do a shorter version.
Think will change to something like boabski uses at around 1.5kg.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’ve used a Dakine Fall Line for years and they are bomb proof and starting to see many Douche Bags which look great for the job but may me more expensive. I’d probably go for a Douche Bag if I was to buy again. Easier to take boots hand luggage (as recommended on BA’s website). I always carry helmet hand luggage after having one break (cracked shell) in hold luggage. I clip to my rucksack and never had an issue other than bashing small children (mine) on the head with the swinging helmet.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A Dakine fall line 175 took both sets of skis, boots and helmets for me and my daughter on a recent trip.
I've got a fall line 190 in excellent condition (only used for 1 trip) if you're interested.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would price up how much extra to go business class
might be less than £130 & you get extra baggage.

Also check with airline, as lots let you split your ski/boots into separate bags.
Easyjet & Flybe do.
No idea about BA, as I used to fly business one way & economy the other & had the business luggage advantage both legs.
Unfortunately they have closed that loophole.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As much as I like the idea of traveling business class to get around baggage fees, if you plan to fly with skis regular I think getting a bag to carry skis and max out weight allowance ie BA 23kg, easyjet 20kg etc is far better long term plan.

I have had no problem with multiple sets of skis in one bag with BA in past.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy