Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A simple question?

Poster: A snowHead
Which ski would you buy from these two?

Streetracer 10

Bandit B2

Ive tried them both and im very undecided.

Im shading towards the Salomons as I spend my times carving up the piste runs and so far havnt been too interested in venturing off,
however if I where to buy my own set of skiis (of the two im down to) should I get the urge toI understand the B2's would be the favourable choice of the two
for a bit of off piste skiing.

Any experiences or suggestions.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By defau;t I would go for the Streetracer because I am decidely unimpressed by the B2.... its just......limp...!!!

But if you stay on piste a lot I'd be thinking of a slalom/GS race type ski and then hire a fatty when going into the depper stuff.
I think the SL/GS skis will out perform the carvers mentioned here....

That is what I would do...but you are skiing them...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've skiied both. I almost fell asleep on the streetracers, they were a tad on the boring side. The B2s were marginally better, but will give you more room for improvement. On the streetracers you'll think you are skiing well, or skiing fast, and if it's just for what you think you are doing, then go for it, but I fear it will be a false sense of ability.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I dont like either colour.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Renry, go and try them both, and others, at Castleford. Do you want a ski for the places you ski at the moment, or the places you'd like to be skiing?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
marc gledhill wrote:
Renry, go and try them both, and others, at Castleford. Do you want a ski for the places you ski at the moment, or the places you'd like to be skiing?

That is the question I am asking myself. Im also thinking that I may just continue to hire, then at least I can change if I feet the need to.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Renry, The B2s will be better thann the Streetracers in soft snow - but not much ! If you enjoy skiing on the Streetracers then buy a pair. To get real benefits for off-piste you'll need to go way fatter (B4)....

It wasn't that long ago that we'd all have just one pair of skis, and they'd do everything.... rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd go with the Streetracers coz they have bindings on them. You would fall off the other ones as soon as you got any speed going.

Seriously though, go with the ones that give you more scope for improvement. Chances are that you will get better rather than worser at skiing over time.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
smolo, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Patch wrote:
smolo, Laughing Laughing Laughing

What does that mean????
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Smolo is really quite funny
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I wouldn't stir my tea with either. Sorry. Little Angel
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Renry,

Yep, gotta admit, smolo's binding gag was quite funny....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Find a ski that combines the best aspects of both of these skis.
You should try these:
1. Atomic Metron 9
2. Atomic Metron 10
3. Volkl Unlimited AC3
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Renry

Bandit B2's

Unless you want to wait until next winter! Salomon has updated the Streetracer range. It has a new core, a new binding system and a less extreme shape. This makes it a little more versatile than the current version.

Jon
snow conditions
buy fischer FX8 instead of Streetracer 10. I've skied both. FX8 much more fun at speed
ski holidays
dan100, or an RX8 wink
snow report
ski wrote:
[It wasn't that long ago that we'd all have just one pair of skis, and they'd do everything.... rolling eyes

Hey ski, some of us have got no pairs of skis and they do everything too. Well everything a debutant needs wink
snow conditions
dan100, yeah but wasnt the question
which skis out of these two?
i dont see fischer fx8 mentioned...
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Neither get Scramblers, I was playing on them last week and they were ace!
snow report
Had some B2s in Switzerland this year. They took a bit of getting used to as I found that they twitched a lot but I put that down to my technique and found that If I went a bit faster and concentrated on the forward leaning thing, then I had better control. By the end of the week I was quite warming to them. Previously I had regularly used Salomon crossmax or X-screams. Was tempted, however, by a pair of Streetracers which were drastically reduced in a shop in Italy. However, the missus slapped me round the head and brought me back to earth. Shocked
snow conditions
Not tried either myself, but Snock and Row, The Maily Dail, and BKi and Soard, all put the B2 at the top of the do-it-all list.

What I can tell you is that I lurve my Salomon Scream 10 Hots (2 years out of date now). My brother tried some Bandit B3's in St Anton in deep powder and crud this year and it was like he suddenly had a rocket up his back bottom, as he was skiing this stuff like a groomed carving piste! Still couldn't catch me tho' Laughing
latest report
Renry, forgive me if I am mistaken, but I believe you haven't been skiing for long. If so, then I would urge you to wait. Get a few more weeks in and rent quality skis (by which I mean gold/silver rentals or whatever), after which time you should know what you are really looking for in a ski.

Hope that didn't sound patronising, but I bought skis (Atomic R9's which I'm thinking of selling if anyone's interested) after my second week and wish I'd waited. Now on Nordica Hot Rods which I tested alongside K2 Recons - they blew the Recons away IMV.

Theoretically speaking though, if I had the choice of a deal on either of the two you mention, with no chance to demo, then I would go for the B2, simply because I've heard it is a stonking good ski (it also looks cooler Cool )
ski holidays
I agree with conor. I bought my B2s two years ago, when I was an advanced intermediate skier (20 weeks), since then I've skied 10 more weeks, and now I'm beginning to feel that more and more I'm outgrowing them.

I feel some Stockli Stormrider XLs coming on...
snow report
Kramer, I was tempted by Stormriders myself before I got the Hot Rods, but I kind of convinced myself that they would be too much of a handful for me. Must hire them some time. No regrets about the Hot Rods though.
snow report
conor wrote:
Renry, forgive me if I am mistaken, but I believe you haven't been skiing for long. If so, then I would urge you to wait. Get a few more weeks in and rent quality skis (by which I mean gold/silver rentals or whatever), after which time you should know what you are really looking for in a ski.

Hope that didn't sound patronising,)

No not at all.

I guess that thinking about getting my own equipment will pass the time away of the close season Sad
snow report
Renry,
Quote:

I guess that thinking about getting my own equipment will pass the time away of the close season

But the dryslope racing season is just starting ...... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Neither. Go for the salomon Equipes.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The XL's are stiff-ish which should make it your friend. You don't want to skiing things that bend in the wind..!!
If you can load them up you'll see the benefit, but you can say that about lots of skis. If you don't like to ski like that then there isn't a great deal of point to them. Or rather, don't just bimble around on them, there are more apppropriate skis for that
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy