Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is the Snow going to hold out?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Okay so we have had a bumper season in Europe. Friends keep coming back and saying things like it was great but there is too much snow.

We are in Obergurgl 2-9 April and its snowing daily there as well. We go away same week each year and have always had a dump while away, always had good sunny conditions etc (usually France mind)

If it stopped snowing today, how do you think conditions will be in 3 weeks when we go away? In years gone by I know that snow is intermittent around about now and have a feel for what it would be like in April.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Peter Leuzzi, At worst there will be more snow than folks had that went in December & January to France
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Peter Leuzzi,

I reckon conditions in that resort would be fine as it already has a pretty descent base, is relatively easterly and has a decent altitude Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Leuzzi, at worst i reckon there will be more snow than people experienced at very small resorts near Bergamo in January!

I'm off to the Washington are of USA to visit some friends in 3 weeks and am watching the East Coast weather with interest as am planning at least 2 days skiing while over there!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

At worst there will be more snow than folks had that went in December & January to France

Absolutely. L'Espace Killy at Christmas/New Year was pants. Many resorts should still be great in April. Why does everyone go at Christmas/New Year?? And don't let anyone mention "end of season". We have six good weeks left yet. The season is at its peak.... as the historical snow records for this year will clearly show. With seasons, as with folk - older is often better!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, johnboy, all good news.

Roger C, at least Grizzly's made it all worthwhile!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How long is apiece of string...?? Don't need a thaw anythime to ruin all the good work...

Weather is weather..

I'd be happy going out this weekend but then who knows...??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
At worst there will be more snow than folks had that went in December & January to France

True also for Switzerland. I was in Zermatt in the first week of Feb and there was no snow apart from up high. Majority of runs were artifical snow. Mustn't grumble though, I'm off to ValD in three weeks Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
sshh PamW , don't tell everybody........
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We had very good snow down here in the southern French Alps during December and January. The snow we've got now will easily last 3 weeks (assuming temperatures stay below 10C most days) so I can't see that you'll have too much to worry about.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can't see any problem - it would have to be 10 deg at 2000m + and rain every day to lose what we have in 3 weeks! Also, of course, many resorts get major dumps in April as a matter of course - I've skied powder at Easter hols for the last several years (haven't been counting). All this misunderstanding of how long snow lasts is getting me down. Sad I came back once on 15th June and woke up the next morning to find 6" of snow on my car - it can and does snow all the time - why do all you people assume it won't snow any more after this lot?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maybe the Sun will colide with the Earth, but failing that, i think we'll be ok. Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Flumserberg and HochYbrig make it till late-end of April round here despite having 1900-2200 high points. I'm sure this year will be no exception. And the best powder days are always in April.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Peter Leuzzi, I am very happy to hear that you
Quote:

have always had a dump while away

Mrs L always has a problem with strange WCs too. wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Will the snow hold out?Absolutely snowHead I've been away several times in April;now I prefer it.Spring is arriving,days are generally better,and you don't often freeze yer dangly bits of an evening.Yes,it can get a bit slushy down low,so go high rolling eyes Last years EOSB was a good example.Arc 2000 had a few ponds,but the mountain was excellent.Spent a week in glorious sunshine(Costa del Snow),and down in BSM of an evening was like an English summer Very Happy We left the day the lifts closed.I'd take that any day over a freezing January.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy