Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should I ski on sore foot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I went skiing for first time all year yesterday. When I took off my boots slightly under the outside of my left foot was in a lot of pain - so much I can’t walk on it properly. I woke up this morning and I still can’t walk on it. I was wearing my own boots which I’ve had for years with no problem. I have noticed my foot hurts less with pressure and thought maybe I’ll get new custom foorbeds for my boots and see how it goes. But I have another voice saying don’t ski on a sore foot you idiot. Just want to see what the collective wisdom is. Oh by the way if anyone is thinking of coming out to Courchevel the conditions are brilliant.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you should take into consideration your pain threshold and your wish to ski.
I am a strong believer in denial and Naproxen Sodium if I am already on the slope. Not necessary a good/smart thing.
You didn't mention any traumatic incident. I only worry about articular pains, not the muscular ones. If there is no pain under pressure and you can wear the ski boots and ski, I would try on a cruisy blue slope, not frozen. Preferably one that would take you down to the resort, so you can easily stop for the day if the pain interferes with you having fun
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wondering why your boots should start causing problems after years - did you use a different pair of socks, thicker socks maybe?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi. No accident at all and no change in socks. I have started suffering from occasional plantar fasciitis over the last year so wonder if my feet have changed shape. I am getting old (52 on Thursday) and have had some middle aged weight gain Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@J9, I had morning plantar fasciitis every single morning, especially if I got up in the night.
Started at a similar age, had it for about 5 years.

A friend suggested footbeds in every single pair of shoes, boots, wellington boots...even my house slippers.

A combination of Superfeet footbeds, and Boots own brand half-beds for dress shoes....100% cure.
I never get it al all.
What a relief!

Not a cheap fix...Superfeets are £30 each and I now have them in about 6 pairs. The Boots ones are about £12 I think, but I move them from shoes to shoes.

I experimented with several other half-beds, but Boots (black ones, not red) worked best for me.
Money well spent.

P.S. I have always had custom foot beds in my ski boots for 30+ years, latest ones created by snowHead CEM.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not sure plantar fasciitis would be felt on the outside of the foot (I've had it!). Maybe a fracture in a small bone? I'd go to the Dr to get it looked at anyway.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had something similar after a run one time, around the mid foot region on the outside of the foot. Turned out to be a super tight calf muscle (at the side of the calf, not the ones at the back). It was so tight it was causing pain at its insertion point in the foot. Once I got a massage on it and a bit of foam rolling, it sorted itself very quickly.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went to the doctor. He seems to think it’s soft tissue injury related to poor posture from back problems (not that my back is actually hurting). Anyway he’s given me a prescription for Voltarene and said I can ski on it if it feels OK (yay). I’m not liking this getting old business.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Things that get better with pressure will seldom be bony.

In my opinion plantar fasciitis is also due to tight calf muscles causing abnormal foot loading.

Also peoples feet grow as they age. Just spread out more with time, see a lot of issues from that.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had /have “fat pad atrophy” on my right heel. Basically it’s the fat pad that normally absorbs shock from general waking is inflamed and hurts an awful lot !! I taped my heel up with rock tape and skied. Amazingly because you are sliding or gliding (!) down the slopes and on a lift back up - at the end of the week my heel was much much better ... it almost had a rest ! I also use Superfeet and replaced my ski insoles with these. On the other foot I sometimes get Morton’s Neuroma but found that if I had my ski boot quite loose around the foot and normal tightness around ankle that that helped enormously. Hopefully it may work for you too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have a good prod around your calf muscles. You will probably find a really sore spot that pulls on the sore bit in your foot. Massage strongly with cross-fibre strokes and direct pressure.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A ski boot with gout is the worst
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy