Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hinterglemm/Saalbach reflections/TR

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Very late in the day but thought I'd add a wee TR and video of our trip back in late Jan/early Feb.
This was our 3rd trip to the area, and would have been our 4th in a row had we not had to go to Kappl last year to meet the budget constraints of my daughters pal. This was our second time to Hinterglemm having been once to each resort. For us Hinterglemm works slightly better than Saalbach, mainly due to the night skiing for our kids (15, 18 and 21).
Was a bit disappointed both ways with Salzburg airport - not its usual efficient self - took around an hour to get our luggage on arrival and seemed to have some technical issues when boarding plane - again this took an age despite the plane being on time and ready.
Arranged a private transfer both ways and was excellent.
Snow conditions were simply epic the whole week. Snowed pretty much every day/night and only one bluebird day. Temps were lovely and cold which kept the epic amounts of snow in great condition.
Favourite runs were the famous 68 (done in a cloudy/snowy day - God knows how great it must be in the sunshine sitting at the Hecherhutte) and Ski route 27a. Oh and loved the run down to Leogang. Was really impressed with the additional amount of fun parks they had added since we were last there 2 years ago. Given that both my boys are on twin tips, this was a big thumbs up.
The apres still as awesome as ever. We tend to prefer the Schwarzacher and Goastahl over Bauers and dare I say the Hinterhag (clearly we were not drunk enough to enjoy some man singing karaoke badly Sad ). I do like a bit of live music when apresing and this is where Saalbach wins - as there is nothing to my knowledge in Hinterglemm.
We stayed at the Adler Resort which was quite simply the best ski hotel I have stayed at - great room (75m2) with amazing view over the village. We liked the fact you can opt to go all inclusive for €60 a day which we did on 3 days. Food was amazing, even though it was a buffet style. We ate out in Hinterglemm 2/3 nights and Saalbach another night. We have already booked the Adler for next January Very Happy
Here is a wee video that my youngest put together (eventually).
Hinterglemm 2019 save 2 from Fraser steel
https://vimeo.com/329181412
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy