Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go next week?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon all! My partner and I have flights booked from 8th to 14th in and out of Milan with a car. Currently thinking of heading to Austria - Solden/Obergurgl/Hochgurgl, but still a bit undecided.

As usual I have been following the weather and I know there has been quite a bit of good snow fall in a variety of areas which will make for a great weekend. But with some changes in temperatures next week I have been waiting to see how things pan out!

Would be curious for any advice or input. We were hoping to pack powder skis/board and not do any touring, but open to suggestions as always : ).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ischgl?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good shout. Also thought of Cervinia as it looks like it might be remotely decent too, although they haven't had an amazing season to date. Decisions decisions!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Didn't gressoney get an awful lot of snow in the last two days? I think lifts due to close soon. Cervinia would be about an hours drive, maybe slightly more from there if it was too warm, could also go through mont blanc tunnel to chamonix

Otherwise your suggestion of obergurgl and solden with a few lifts above 3000 seems solid. Marmolada?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes they have, and yes you are correct - they soon move to a sort of part timetable if I recall from the 14th. That being said they have had quite a poor snow year too, but it looks like it might be OK this coming week. Marmolada would be great but I think too low given the temperatures!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@drakesnow, Livigno is looking good at the minute, they got blasted with that recent storm and have had a decent season. They announced the other day that they're open till the 1st May so they must be confident in the snow. Also, the lift pass is free from this weekend on if you stay in one of the participating hotels or apartments - http://www.skipasslivigno.com/en/special-offers/ - Got this deal a few years ago and it made for a super cheap trip.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@drakesnow,We were in Cervinia around 3 weeks ago and the conditions were great and they've just had a another big dump off snow in the last few days .
We were also there Mid April last year and it was great then.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Monterosa seems to have got a good dump. Would be a reasonable call...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
under a new name wrote:
Monterosa seems to have got a good dump. Would be a reasonable call...

A lot of South facing stuff from memory no? Wouldn’t Cervinia with the Zermatt North facing options be a safer choice?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for the suggestion @element, I have looked at Livigno before over the years but it didn't come to mind this time. They have had a decent season though as you say and it could be good. Looks like no rain coming there either which was a concern elsewhere. Would be cool to check out the terrain there and apparently it's a decent spot for off piste too.

@wasley, I hear you! I was there in March too for a couple days and it was OK, but the wind can take its toll there! But it really looks I think the combination of altitude and snow incoming could make it a good choice. And it looks like it won't be windy for once!

@under a new name, @BobinCH, Monetrosa is a place I know well and love - was there in February but it's been a tough season and I was worried about the rain. But they have had quite a bit of snow and seems there is more coming yet...true about South facing @BobinCH!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BobinCH, hmmm, yess, but quite high and at this time of year, aspect (in terms of solar melt) less important, non? we skied Indren late the last couple of seasons no problem. it does look like they had quite a lot of snow.

And Cervinia is soooooooooooooo boring. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah I can appreciate that point @under a new name, it's true the Monterosa region is far more interesting in that sense.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy