Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italy - Half Term 2020

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mentionong 2020 shocks me as by then I should be a serious grown up and yet I am no where near that!

Anyhoo, son#2 loves Italian food, so many of you snowHead rave about Italy, I suspect the family accounts would enjoy Italian mountain restaurants and in some years of skiing have never made it to Italy.

We could potentially be a group of ~15, mixed ability ages 6 to, erm, 29. A hotel would be nice or one big apartment? Any recommendations as to resorts? Short walks to kids ski lessons and some nightlife for the older ones would be nice. Am thinking either Aosta valley for driving or flying to Dolomites? Total Italian novice here so all advice appreciated! Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@always29, I looked on a recent thread for Italian resorts, and got a street toward:
- Sauze D'Oulx
- Cervinia

I'm also checking out Alagna and Gressoney, which also appear to be driveable from Calais. Or fly to Turin.

I'd be in the market for a self-catering apartment or chalet, if anyone knows a nice one?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes I think Sauze and Cervinia and good options for your remit.
Sauze wins for nightlife and probably cost but Cervinia has good beginners slopes at resort level, whereas you are likely to be going up to Sportina in Sauze. Both resorts have plentiful ski areas for the rest of you

Your other option would be to head to the Dolomites, which might be a little more expensive but gives a vast area, with most resorts having good beginners slopes close at hand. There is no real party town to my knowledge but I think the liveliest would be Selva.

It's definitely worth giving Italy a try if you have yet to sample it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sauze is fab, but not the best for total beginners. It's where I went for my first trip and there wasn't a lot to go at if you don't progress quickly. Now that I've got a few more trips under my belt, I love it there (have been 4 times). For beginner kids (we went with 4 y/os one year), it's fine. But for total beginner adults, I'd say it's not ideal (there aren't many blues, and some of the blues are very flat so unless you have a lot of speed, you may as well walk!)

You do have to get the lift up to lessons, but it's not really an issue. The closer you stay to the bottom of the slopes, the better (the more experienced skiers can just get on the Clotes lift out of town and be right on the slopes). Hotel Hermitage is cheap and cheerful and right on the slopes - good for a group which isn't fussy. Stella Alpina also right at the bottom of the slope, much nicer, very family friendly. Don't know about SC accommodation I'm afraid.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy