Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which companies still offer ski hosting?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

Just looking for some up to date info on which of the main tour operators still offer a ski hosting service? I know most of them used to but that many have stopped in the last few years due to some of the French resorts kicking up a fuss.

I know Neilson still do this but use a local ski instructor alongside a rep and that Inghams still advertise hosting on their website but can’t find much recent info and feedback on it…so would be interested to hear people’s experience of this recently from any big tour operators, either this season or last. (in Italy would be particularly helpful!)

Thanks!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 3-04-19 14:58; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Inghams certainly do it in our village, it’s called 'Meet the piste'.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @mlr123 Welcome to the forum.
I don't know who does it anymore, but most resorts in Canada offer free guiding for a couple of hours as often as you like.

I don't know why European resorts don't offer it either even if you did have to pay for it.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not a big tour operator but Ski Miquel offer guiding if you stay with them...worked pretty well in the past as they offered a "fast or slow" group depending on abilities.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having just been on a Ski Miquel holiday, I can confirm they offer guiding.

As I have mentioned in my TR, I was somewhat disappointed. If you are a somewhat confident skier I think you may get bored fairly quickly. Too many stops (even in the faster group). And rather than taking us to the best parts of the mountain for the conditions on the day, a predetermined plan was followed which also involved stopping at restaurants where the guides ate for free. Felt more like baby sitting than guiding.

By the end of the week, people had formed their own groups and gone off by themselves. This was the experience in Saalbach by the way. May be a different experience in other resorts.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Club Med do, using ESF instructors as the hosts.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colletts (Dolomites).
I noticed Ski Total were offering 3 days guiding too.
Can't fault our Ski Miquel guiding in Bad Gastein over half term: the plans for the areas we went to changed depending on the weather and the fast group was a challenge for me to keep up with!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Inghams were certainly doing accompanied skiing (think they even verbally called it guiding) in Austria this March.
Was just the Rep though; not sure that they would have done more than pisted reds (depending on how good the Rep was).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy