Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2019 Rossignol Experience 76 CI Skis w/ XPress 11 B83 Bindings or 2019 Rossignol Experience 74 Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm a man : beginner/intermediate skier
185cm (6feet long), 230lbs.

Which ski is better? (new)
2019 Rossignol Experience 76 CI Skis w/ XPress 11 B83 Bindings 178cm
or
Rossignol Experience 74 Skis w/ XPress 10 B83 Bindings 176cm ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @alanshik, welcome to Snowheads.

The Experience 74 is a real beginners ski, the Experience 76 is aimed at beginners with a bit more athleticism who might be able to work it a bit harder.

At 230lbs I'd avoid the Experience 74 as it will probably be too soft for you. I suspect the same might be true for the Experience 76 as well but can't really say for sure.

I'm sure some other forums will come up with some good suggestions for you to consider.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @olderscot.

It means I need to lose 20 lbs Smile

330$CAD or 250$USD (new) is a good price for the experience 76?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@olderscot, would you say the same for experience 80's
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jonny996, when you say beginner / intermediate what kind of skiing are you doing now and what are you looking for / hoping to get from a ski?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alanshik wrote:
.....330$CAD or 250$USD (new) is a good price for the experience 76?

This is primarily a UK based forum so if you're in the US/Canada you'd get better pricing advice from https://www.pugski.com/forums/

If you are in the UK/EU then shipping from North America is very expensive plus you'd also have VAT (on the purchase price and the shipping), import duty and a customs clearance charge to pay.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes I'm from Canada. Thanks @spyderjon
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@olderscot, I think I am getting better but have to say I do like sticking to the piste, while I can do blacks I prefer concentrating on carving some nice smooth lines on reds and blues as I tend to revert to skidding on the deeper stuff.
I have experience 80's at the moment & at 5'9" & 210lbs these have been great for me & I have skied them for approx 60 days worth now & just wondering if I have outgrown them, if they are still in the ball park for my weight & ability happy to stick with them
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From what I can see the experience 80s are stiffer than the others and probably spot on in terms of matching your weight and ability. I’d say you did well when you chose them.

Very few people are going to carve down blacks so I wouldn’t worry about that. I wouldn’t say you need new skis (do any of us really when we start thinking about upgrading?) but if you like the idea then I’d suggest you stay away from anything aimed at beginners. Chances are they’ll be too soft for you and if you’re carving you’re no beginner.

I suspect you’re probably looking for a high performance recreational carving ski for your next buy but a good set of these are unlikely to that cheap. From what you’ve said so far I wouldn’t say there’s any hurry to move on from your current set of skis.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jonny996 @olderscot

2019 Head Monster 88 Ti Skis w/ Attack2 13 B95 Red Bindings 177cm is a good choice for me?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy