Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Crystal ski or ski esprit

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have been with esprit 3 times to Italy and have been very pleased. They are no longer going to the same property next year and an alternate one is a lot more expensive. We will have a 2 and 4 year old next year. I have found a trip with crystal to Italy (grand paradiso). Anyone with experience of both crystal and esprit? Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Never been with Esprit, but have been skiing with Crystal for years. They get me to where I want to go, to a very good hotel, never had a problem with bookings. Once in resort Ive never used their services as I like to go my own way. Departure info was always left for me at the hotel, but this year I received a text, a bit un personal but its the way forward I suppose.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went with Crystal to Grand Paradiso a few years ago. No problems at all. It was a lovely hotel and once you had your bearings it was virtually ski in, out. There was a big flight of stairs at the hotel to get to the bottom of the slopes. In my opinion Passo was not a great ski area, not very big and we had lots of very poor visibility days. Out of all the ski areas we have been to it would be the last in my list to return to however the hotel would be my number one in terms of where we have stayed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My experience is Esprit much better at childcare, a lot more joined up. Used Crystal once and didn't do again (well for holidays with young kids, used them if kids not with me or now, when kids are bigger than me)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You need the childcare, so I would choose Esprit. The 4 year old may be skiing and the Esprit team will take them to the slopes, stay with them and bring them back to the accommodation. I've used Esprit about 6 times and the childcare has always been great. Happy Kids = Happy Parents. Used crystal once many years ago so my opinion is very subjective as they may have improved.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies! Decided to shell out a bit more and go with esprit as have always been so good! Main thing that swing it for us is the baby listening service in the evening.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Check out the kinder hotel chain in Austria..,we went back to the same ski hotel 6 times as childcare is amazing and if kids don’t want to ski there are loads of activities at the hotel. Plus pools, indoor soft play...worked for us when kids were young.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kinder hotels look amazing from their website! Thanks for the tip. Which hotel did you stay in? Thank you!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stayed in the Grand Paradiso last year with Crystal and found them superb. The hotel was great and Crystal were very good, reps highly visible, friendly, knowledgeable and plenty of them too. Went with Crystal again this year to Bardonecchia and have said wont go with Crsytal again. Didnt like the rep, not to say he wasnt good at his job, just didnt like him. Lieked the sound of his own voice and just seemed to make excuses. No info board or folder in the hotel and rep was out of resort a fair bit. No activities apart from welcome drink which was badly orgainised and ran late. Had a 5.30 pick up for our 10.45 flight even though aiport was only 1.25 hours away. Not impressed. Will only go with Crystal again if get an absolute bargain.
Loved the Paradiso and really like Passo Tonale too. Lots of skiing there I thought and lots of variety and good snow. Yes the French supe resorts have more but I thought Passo was great VFM.Had couple of great apres skis in Baracha (spelling) bar.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy