Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Baqueira-Beret review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Finally made it to Baqueira-Beret. Been planning for years to go there and after some research (mostly in here) our group decided to stay in Arties.

We flew into Toulouse and had a van picking us up. He stood ready in the arrival area with a sign. The price to and from Toulouse is € 230. Not to bad for a 2 hour drive.

First, Arties was a beautiful small town. We stayed at Parador and it was a great hotel. 4 stars but laidback. The town itself has a lot to offer, specially when it comes to restaurants. Small, cozy high quality restaurants around every corner. In addition, the place has some bars and nightclubs but we never were awake when it supposedly kicks off around 2 AM! Very far from the mood in the big alpine destinations, but that was just refreshing. Staying in Arties meant that we took the bus and sometimes a taxi up to Baqueira. No stress..

Second, skiing in Baqueira met our expectations (we had big expectations). Although it was a warm week, the place is just a great off-piste destination with good lines all around with easy access. It was a warm week with low snow cover on south faced mountains. However, we got one day with snowfall. Unfortunately, that new snow cover disguised a lot of rocks and I destroyed my skis. But the intersport in town managed to miraculously fix them to next day. Fun terrain all over the place. It also would suit families and beginners as the groomers were in perfect condition and a lot of gentle terrain. All over, the place reminded me a little of Jackson Hole in size and terrain. The restaurants at the mountain was also okei, but nothing more. But the people in the valley were amazing. Really friendly, even as a lot don’t speak a lot of English.

We ended our trip with a weekend in Toulouse with summer temperatures. A nice ending after a great week in the Pyrenees. Would highly recommend this place to people who want to try something different from the Alps, but that do not want to compromise when it comes to skiing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks
Marriott has a hotel in baquira & its something ive been thinking about burning my points on
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't waste your points staying in baquiera itself. I found it to be the most characterless ski resort. A few posh hotels, loads of apartments presumably weekend places and few bars and those that are are dead by 530pm as everyone else has gone down the hill. stay down the hill as Woosh says. If I ever return I certainly would. As to the resort -good and not too many offpiste skiers. further out from the centre you went the worse the lifts were and on the whole the on mountain food and drink was uninspiring. No nice huts and independent eateries like Austria round every corner.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't waste your points staying in baquiera itself. I found it to be the most characterless ski resort. A few posh hotels, loads of apartments presumably weekend places and few bars and those that are are dead by 530pm as everyone else has gone down the hill. stay down the hill as Woosh says. If I ever return I certainly would. As to the resort -good and not too many offpiste skiers. further out from the centre you went the worse the lifts were and on the whole the on mountain food and drink was uninspiring. No nice huts and independent eateries like Austria round every corner.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mr.Egg,

I would also, as said by countryman, recommend that you stay down the hill. Baqueira is not very charming but Arties, Salurda or Tredos are. That means that you need transport to get to the mountain but worth it, in my opinion.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@countryman,

I agree with some of your points. Baqueira is not a nice town. But I found the lift standard as being good. Yes, a few drags and slow chairs, but many fast chairs also in Beret and in Bonaigua. My favorite was the La Peulla at the far end of Bonaigua. Fast chair and almost no people around with good terrain in all directions.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Woosh wrote:
My favorite was the La Peulla at the far end of Bonaigua. Fast chair and almost no people around with good terrain in all directions.

Shhhh wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy