Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski for free 2020 all season.

Poster: A snowHead
@nixmap,
Im seriously interested. My wife soon to be ex wife has kicked me out, very unfairly i believe. Gambling is an illness that im battling to over come(i should be about sorted for xmas 2019), so in theory its not my fault i pawn'd anything of value in our house(i could have possibly been your neighbour had the acumilator come in). I wont be alone my teenage son with be my wing man on our Swiss adventure. He's been dragged in with the wrong crowd and gets out of Glen Parva the beginning of December just in time for some winter snow fun. Hes a bit of a handsome charmer if you really get to know him. Just a little down on his luck and who knows we could be family not just friends if he hits it off with your daughter(maybe she could write to him while he's still in his unfortunate position)
A couple of questions from my side before i agree to the new friendship/possibly family connection.
1) The NDC works both ways yes? there are a few folks whom would like to meet up with me again but something are best left behind me. So i can trust you not to tell anyone my true location(even under duress)?
2)how far is the local bookies from our chalet?
3)does my drink driving ban count in Switzerland?
4)could you loan me a few quid? ive just had a red hot tip on a guaranteed winner
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Comedy Gold
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mother hucker, thanks for your kind application. I will pass it on to Mrs N
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
GOLD.

When a guy who wants a slave to handle his children meets a guy with gambling problems...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
matejp wrote:
GOLD.

just more sh antagonism.
but eventually the right people apply privately
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
adithorp wrote:
@Riccardo, fair enough, a quick search does show @nixmap, has made about a dozen posts in the last 2 years unrelated to their "volunteers".
So I take it back; Crack on with the posts looking to help you avoid employment tax, social security, pension, workers rights, etc...

is there the fact any positive thought ever in your head?

what is so wrong with giving people the chance to have the run of 2 luxury chalets for the whole season in the expectation that they contribute to some household chores and some cooking every now and again.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nixmap wrote:

what is so wrong with giving people the chance to have the run of 2 luxury chalets for the whole season in the expectation that they contribute to some household chores and some cooking every now and again.

Nothing IMO. But clear this up for us...

You have 2 luxury chalets, 1 in Gstaad and 1 in Davos/Klosters. Depending on snow conditions you choose one of these to go to for weekends/holidays?

And you supply your “volunteers” with transport so they can travel between them according to your plans? And when you’re not there they have free run of their place? And they have lift passes for both?

If that’s the gig I think it’s a good one. Only been once but Gstaad is certainly a very nice place with decent skiing if not very challenging. Never been to Davos/Klosters but if it was good enough for Prince Charles assume it has a fair bit going for it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sometimes the party invitations are more important than the snow conditions
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@nixmap, you just come across as aloof.
Using this forum as a jobcentre with no input.
Take take take.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't understand why there is always so much hostility. If you don't like the offer don't take it and move on. Personally I can see the appeal for the right people. It seems preferable to the average chalet job.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boarder2020 wrote:
Don't understand why there is always so much hostility. If you don't like the offer don't take it and move on. Personally I can see the appeal for the right people. It seems preferable to the average chalet job.

+1
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I thought it was Villars, but could be wrong.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@nixmap, come on man . . . You know there's always gonna be a bit of push back for a while; I've let the dice roll where they may . . . and you've had good results in the past . . . but at the same time, please don't take the pizz . . . We know know 'where', 'when' and 'who' . . . Don't abuse the good will of the slushNut collective. That is a lot cheaper than the penalties within Swiss employment laws wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque wrote:
I've let the dice roll where they may . . .

Im so grateful, to have you allow it….

at least this year you are being reasonable, hasnt always been the case.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dode wrote:
@nixmap, you just come across as aloof.
Using this forum as a jobcentre with no input.
Take take take.

1) Not aloof at all, our guests and volunteers party, dine and ski together , or not, as they choose.

2) There are plenty of ways to get staff a Job, and as many places to look for them. This is not one of those.
Volunteers have always had a passion to ski, and enough free time to enjoy, and a positive attitude that it will work out.

3) It is neither take nor give , its about caring and sharing.
snow conditions
@nixmap, I think what dode meant is that you come across as aloof on the forum and that you do not do much caring and sharing on the forum. I agree with that view, although I have no objection whatsoever to your alpine enterprise.
latest report
@Hurtle, yep, that was what I meant.
snow conditions
boarder2020 wrote:

I think it's because reasonable people read it and generally have no reason to post.

The hostility probably comes from a fairly small number of people who likely bring it with them.
latest report
It seems a good deal to me on the face of it. You live rent free with a lift pass for the ski season for weekend work.
However the alarm bells would ring for me if one of my girls spoke to me about this offer. OP you seem very sneaky and sly in the way you go about it all. You answer questions like a politician. You're on a pubic forum and winge about people commenting in ways you dont like.
A generalising sweeping statement here(maybe you/maybe not you). Wealthy people can be difficult, demanding, over powering and bullying. High power jobs with big pay to be able to have the lifestyle your portraying, are normally filled with hardfaced cut throat b@st@rds.
How does everyone know you're not one of them with your ducking and diving of questions?
feel free to ignore all of the above
snow conditions
"....However the alarm bells would ring for me if one of my girls spoke to me about this offer...."

Given that this 'offer' was first made in 2008, it seems to me to be a reasonably 'safe' one
snow report
albob wrote:
"....However the alarm bells would ring for me if one of my girls spoke to me about this offer...."

Given that this 'offer' was first made in 2008, it seems to me to be a reasonably 'safe' one

and every year there's been a scouting mission for fresh applicant's with no one ever coming forward to tell us all how amazing it was.
It very well could be a truely rivetting experience but a few simple questions unaswered and dodged just seems a bit strange.
ski holidays
@Mother hucker,
Quote:

no one ever coming forward

I've always assumed they're on strict NDAs. Which makes sense if this is a tax dodge or similar, otherwise I can't think of a reason.
latest report
I dunno, I think maybe they're just private people and don't want their wealth/homes/families/friends/parties talked about online?

Anyone genuinely interested can PM and find out a bit more, but I can understand why nixmap is a bit cagey.

For all you know they're famous, which would be a good reason to keep things as low key as possible. (I doubt it, but you never know).
snow report
I was going to type about taxation comeback etc....... but I cant be bothered. Happy
latest report
HoneyBunny wrote:
Anyone genuinely interested can PM and find out a bit more,

Can they? I think that's what is the most puzzling thing. I understand that the successful "candidate" (or whatever you'd call it when it's "not a job") would sign a NDA but nobody, in all these years, has ever posted anything about even having preliminary discussions with him. And you'd think someone on snowHeads, even if it's only one single, solitary person, would have met him, or met someone who had met him. If he's so gregarious and loves meeting different people, likes he claims, how come he never says where he is and offers to meet up with us poor plebs on our one week away, for a drink and a ski tour round his resort, like most snowHeads who have their own place do? He may be a lovely, genuine guy but on the other hand he may be an complete tosser. How would we know Puzzled
snow conditions
maggi wrote:
HoneyBunny wrote:
Anyone genuinely interested can PM and find out a bit more,

Can they? I think that's what is the most puzzling thing. I understand that the successful "candidate" (or whatever you'd call it when it's "not a job") would sign a NDA but nobody, in all these years, has ever posted anything about even having preliminary discussions with him. And you'd think someone on snowHeads, even if it's only one single, solitary person, would have met him, or met someone who had met him. If he's so gregarious and loves meeting different people, likes he claims, how come he never says where he is and offers to meet up with us poor plebs on our one week away, for a drink and a ski tour round his resort, like most snowHeads who have their own place do? He may be a lovely, genuine guy but on the other hand he may be an complete tosser. How would we know Puzzled

Apply, and find out? We've done gigs like this over the years and they’ve always worked out fine. No reason to think this one won’t too. These jobs are for people who are willing to take a bit of a risk. If you aren’t, simply don’t do it.
snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:
... These jobs are for people who are willing to take a bit of a risk. If you aren’t, simply don’t do it.
This.

maggi wrote:
..how come he never says where he is and offers to meet up with us poor plebs on our one week away..

I doubt there would be sufficient room for your personal baggage wink
snow conditions
philwig wrote:

Are you talking about my husband? Shocked Twisted Evil
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The fact that no previous postholders have come onto the forum suggestsctgat they were quite happy with the gig and don't want to wee wee off a 'friend

Or they're dead and buried under Nick's patio.
snow conditions
How do you intend to deal with the 90-days-max-stay-out-of-180 for UK citizens in the Schengen area after Brexit?
ski holidays
@Android2000, isn't that a problem for the applicant rather than nix?
snow report
@holidayloverxx, Certainly for the applicant, unless they have EU/EEA nationality. Also for Nixmap, I should think, when the successful non-paying job applicant has to explain what they have been doing since day 91 in the Schengen area.
ski holidays
@Android2000, I think that is the least of nix's worries, what illegally employing someone etc Laughing It's up to Nix to make sure that the person he "employs" is eligible to remain if he thinks it important enough
ski holidays
philwig wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
... These jobs are for people who are willing to take a bit of a risk. If you aren’t, simply don’t do it.
This.

maggi wrote:
..how come he never says where he is and offers to meet up with us poor plebs on our one week away..

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 2-05-19 22:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
philwig wrote:

I think it's because reasonable people read it and generally have no reason to post.

The hostility probably comes from a fairly small number of people who likely bring it with them.

Smartest post so far. Small minority should just 'get over it'.
ski holidays
Mother hucker wrote:
It seems a good deal to me on the face of it. You live rent free with a lift pass for the ski season for weekend work.
However the alarm bells would ring for me if one of my girls spoke to me about this offer. OP you seem very sneaky and sly in the way you go about it all. You answer questions like a politician. You're on a pubic forum and winge about people commenting in ways you dont like.
A generalising sweeping statement here(maybe you/maybe not you). Wealthy people can be difficult, demanding, over powering and bullying. High power jobs with big pay to be able to have the lifestyle your portraying, are normally filled with hardfaced cut throat b@st@rds.
How does everyone know you're not one of them with your ducking and diving of questions?
feel free to ignore all of the above

Priceless prejudice.

SNOWHEADS GOLD
latest report
Why should they “get over it” when it’s so entertaining! Toofy Grin
snow report
abc wrote:
Why should they “get over it” when it’s so entertaining! Toofy Grin

I know what you mean.. Some of the the comments from the few like maggi, Masque and mother hucker are so irrational, it makes the thread irresistible.
snow conditions
As long as you can’t resist, we get to enjoy the entertainment snowHead
snow report
@nixmap, nicely played (as ever). Chapeau.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy