Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne or La Thuile - Xmas 2019 trip planning!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks,

Gosh haven’t been on here for ages Shocked

I’m looking at the two resorts of La Plagne and La Thuile for skiing this Xmas as I’ve seen some deals.

I am concerned about snow. Last time we went at this time of year we were exceptionally lucky choosin Via Lattea in what was the snow drought of 2016 early season.
I have a baby (1) and a child (7). Child is not new to skiing, has been in ski school for a week when she was 4 and done a few of the snozone skiing terms.
Kids will be in childcare during the week or ski school - not particularly planning to be skiing extensively with child.

Has anyone been to both? Or either? Anything I need to consider about going to either of them? Any views to help me choose?

Thanks!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello. Been to both but never at Christmas. Had better snow both times in La Thuile (early Feb) but it was cold cold cold so that may be a factor if with children. Personally I prefer the italian resorts when with my children. The lifties in La Thuile really went all out our first year there to the point of running uphill alongside my 5yr old keeping her steady till she got hang of button lift. My girls have been much happier in ski school too in La Thuile. Both trips to la Thuile they were in nice small groups, super friendly instructors and they progressed much further than our time in la plagne. Italians were really friendly and accommodating in restaurants too. We did enjoy La Plagne but to be honest could not make the most of the huge resort as needed to be back for ski school pick ups. Also found it way more expensive than La Thuile but that is France for you. Last point, don't think I've ever stood in queue in La Thuile but certainly have hit some horrid bottlenecks in la plagne.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
went to la thuile this xmas, they don't open everything up straight away, but the link over to la rossiere led to by far the better skiing, it was awesome this year, blue sky's and decent weather (most of the time) also the advantage over La Plagne is that it was really quite quiet.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both.. I certainly found Italy to be much quieter when I’ve been there instead of France.

The deal I’ve spotted is a chalet in La Plagne and apartments in La Thuile so that might be the deciding factor.

I hadn’t considered the ski school Shocked and quietness factor. Hopefully it will be ok!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy