Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rhodium/Goldcar Hire Car Review - DO NOT USE THEM!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've not hired from GreenMotion, but my son has. I know this as he said their service was a joke. Goldcar (owned by Europcar) got a right slating on Radio 4 earlier this week
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski3 wrote:

Here's a set of wording the various PR responders may want to first consider when facing such an investigation, scamming, falsification, obfuscation, deliberate strategy of confusion, pressurised selling, plain dishonesty, etc etc, then matching that to the stated brand values they are being paid to protect.

Indeed and its industry wide. The only way to avoid it IME is to pay top dollar at Hertz or Avis (as even their lower tier brands have some hustle going on). I dread the hard sell cowdoo when I'm hiring a car in the US at the end of a long flight and have taken to plain lying to them to avoid the stupid - "oh you need at least a 3L engine and a full SUV to drive in the mountains otherwise its illegal" lies along with "yes this Fiat 500 is a Focus sized car"
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm just back from spending a few days in the UK and rented a car from Green Motion at Stansted. On arrival there was a bit of a wait, I was given one of those 'buzzy' things that you sometimes get in restaurants when waiting for a table. I was warned it might be 20 minutes' wait but in reality it wasn't much over 10 minutes. Staff were helpful and pleasant throughout. The car was fine, only a couple of months' old and the existing damage was clearly marked. I also took pictures and told them I had done so. They offered extra insurance, additional mileage and prepaid fuel, all of which I declined. On return I received written confirmation that there was no further damage, the fuel level was correct and that I hadn't exceeded the mileage, so there would be no additional charges.

Overall, a pretty smooth rental car experience, great value for the price.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you rent in Italy, I'd like to add FIREFLY to the list of avoids. Not so much the add-ons but the general poor state of repair of their cars - I think they are hand downs from the likes of Avis, Budget etc. The good news is that your typical Firefly has so many dings and scrapes that adding a few more goes unnoticed. Mine needed a lot of oil and when I got around to looking at the tyres, the fronts were below the depth indicators - luckily it was Summer, but dangerous nonetheless.

That said I still go on autoeurope and pick the cheapest (unless it is Firefly) and suck up whatever dramas come my way. Insurance4carhire is cheap and worth having too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rented from firefly once at Milan. Never again. Took best part of 2 hours to pick up from terminal. Ober an hour to check 8n. Refused to accept my insurance4carhire waiver. If I’d have known would have taken the hit on the voucher and chalked it up to experience.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I haven't had a chance to back-read this thread. As a frequent renter I strongly advise getting excess insurance from an independent company (eg. insurance4carhire.com) which gives piece of mind against these rip-off tactics for a one off cost of around £50 a year and acccept multiple claims. There is also the free European Car Rental Conciliation Service who can help resolve disputes for EU residents that rent a car in another EU country: https://www.ecrcs.eu/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy