Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz transfer question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hope this is ok to ask here. Need to book a transfer from Avoriaz to Geneva. I will be staying at L’amara appts. How far is this from the welcome centre?

How much longer is the transfer from here than at the bottom of the Prodains?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The transfer from Prodains to Avoriaz is about 10-15 minutes.
IMHO it will be quicker to get the transfer to Avoriaz not Prodains.
As once you get off the Telepherique, you will still need a pony and trap to get up to Amara.
From the transfer drop off point it's a short walk to the Amara appts, so probably quicker and less faffing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're staying at Amara then I would definitely get the transfer from Avoriaz, rather than Prodains. Amara is at the top end of town and the Prodains lift is at the other end. You can get a horse taxi/big snow type taxi thing to the Prodains lift, but I'm not sure how long you'll have to wait for it and you wouldn't walk it. Plus, a transfer to Amara can pick you up from the underground car park and by the time you've got across town and then down the Prodains lift, I think you'll be quicker getting the transfer from the top anyway.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As mentioned, a transfer to Avoriaz rather than Prodains will definitely be more convienent as you're staying at the top of town. However, transfers to Prodains tend to me cheaper in my experience, so you may have to pay extra for that convienence.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Handy Turnip wrote:
As mentioned, a transfer to Avoriaz rather than Prodains will definitely be more convienent as you're staying at the top of town. However, transfers to Prodains tend to me cheaper in my experience, so you may have to pay extra for that convienence.

You have to pay for the horse taxi too though, so that will offset some of the additional cost anyway.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@porkpiefox, that's very true and definitely needs to be factored in. Normally costs between 11-15 euros per carriage (which can be split by however many are travelling).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Handy Turnip wrote:
@porkpiefox, that's very true and definitely needs to be factored in. Normally costs between 11-15 euros per carriage (which can be split by however many are travelling).

Yeah we were paying 10 euros to the bottom end of the town centre, so 15 probably sounds a decent guess, I agree.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Handy Turnip, SkiidyGonzalez are very reasonably priced and take you to the top of the hill, can't imagine many will be much cheaper to Prodains. Also I believe Amara is one that they can access straight from the road, although if it's Pierre Et Vacances I believe you get a voucher for the taxi anyway (we certainly did for getting to the Electra).
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, I agree that skiddygonalez are a great company. However they provide transfers to both Avoriaz and Prodain - it’s £83 return price to Prodain, and £120 return price to Avoriaz. So that’s an extra £37 per person (44% increase).

And that’s without looking at alternatives (Alpybus are around £44 return to Prodain).

Personally I’ve never been able to make the top of town drop off work financially.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We had a private transfer for about 400 euros return to the top and when I went at Easter last year I’m sure it was a damn sight cheaper than £120, nearer 80 euros for return because I remember thinking it was remarkable value.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We had a return for £394 for the four of us to Amara on a private transfer and that was with a premium as it was at half term this year.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, yes a private transfer would have been cheaper per person. The numbers I quoted were for shared transfer.

What I was trying to do was give a like-for-like comparison from the same company to demonstrate that all things being equal it is nearly always cheaper to get a transfer to Prodains.

So I’m sure your transfer was 80 euros pp, but doing a private transfer to Prodains may have been 60 euros.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Handy Turnip, fair enough. To be honest I never really checked what their Prodains cost was, at 80euro return I was happy that it was decent value...although as I was on a late flight it was slightly irrelevant anyway as didn't hit resort until about 1am Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, yes you’re right at 1am, a Prodains transfer is no good to you. Plus 80 euros for a private transfer is great value from a reputatable company.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy