Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone bought any UNTRAKT clothing?

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a new jacket and came across this brand through SportPursuit. I like the eco-friendly idea behind the brand, it is reasonably priced and the description shows many features that look good to me, but I can’t find any reviews or further details online. Have any fellow Snowheads any feedback?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
watching with interest Cool
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ditto.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It does not look like anyone on this forum has tried them. I have found a similar post on an Italian forum and people were discussing the brand but nobody had seen or worn it. I am hoping someone will respond.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Trigary, same Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The brand is relatively new (trademark registered in July 2018 by SportPursuit ltd). No surprise there’s no reviews as it’s an in-house brand. Most likely an brand where they inflate the RRP to discount later (60% off now!).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In-house brand, and another one where SportPursuit questionably advertise at huge savings over RRP without any evidence of the products ever being on sale at RRP (see Rivelo as another example). Really nice looking kit, definite hint of Norrona, but the no-name membranes used aren't particularly highly rated (or advertised) at 15k/15k. I was tempted to try some of their trousers to replace my 20-yr old Sprayways but bagged a Norrona clearance bargain instead.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
never heard of them. recycling PET bottles is exactly what they've been doing to make fleece for at least the last 20 years. first ski kit I ever bought from the YHA shop in London was exactly that.
least it's not bamboo they're selling as "eco", where the only remotely eco thing about it is the use of a voracious weed as a cellulose source rather than trees. and in some jurisdictions they're not even allowed to call it bamboo, because it isn't.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spoon wrote:
The brand is relatively new (trademark registered in July 2018 by SportPursuit ltd). No surprise there’s no reviews as it’s an in-house brand. Most likely an brand where they inflate the RRP to discount later (60% off now!).

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Explains why their website is so sparse on details as exactly who they are. Sportspursuit obviously now think they can create a technical brand from nothing and make a bigger margin where they own it. Think l'll give it a miss.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all for the feedback. That is interesting and enlightening. I currently have a Mountain Warehouse jacket that works (didn’t know whether I would take to this skiing lark) and want to upgrade to something that has better functionality.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I’ve bought a jacket. Women’s Obsidian 3L. It seems good quality and well made. (Previous jackets have included Haglofs, North Face and Ortovox). I realised that it’s was cheeky Sport Pursuit own brand before I bought so I know the discount is illusory. Not tried it in wet conditions yet.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
just because its a sports pursuit own brand jacket at exaggerated reduced prices, doesnt mean its not any good, if its got what you want at the right price go for it.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Perty, would you do us all a favour and jump in the shower with it on!!!! Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rogg wrote:
@Perty, would you do us all a favour and jump in the shower with it on!!!! Laughing Laughing

snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Haha! Wish I could-it is still in France and I’m now at home in uk. My waterproofness report will have to wait till Mr P returns with it after he packs up the apartment in 3 weeks’ time. My skiing this season is done Sad . Boo hoo!
snow report
Sportspursuit are really pushing UNTRAKT products in their latest mailer. I wonder if and how it will affect their usual 3P brands business.
ski holidays
@Sideshow_Bob, that's interesting about Rivelo, I've bought a fair amount of their kit off Sports Pursuit, and after checking (googling) reviews, I thought they were kosher, then after using the gear buying more.

https://road.cc/content/review/165704-rivelo-honister-bib-shorts

I'm now not so sure about the quality now, after a fair amount of use/washing etc showing more signs of wear than I'd expect.

And now I feel like I've been ripped off, (no mention of SportPursuit on their website) so will definitely not be buying their gear in the future, which I see is still all the same on the site.
ski holidays
Thanks Perty and Compostcorner.
I am not (knowingly) a brand snob and therefore function is more important to me than brand, but I am aware that good brands generally produce good functioning gear. It is just trying to find out whether the products are functionally up to the mark.

At this stage, I am not convinced unless more feedback is available. Thanks again
ski holidays
@Trigary, over the years I've bought plenty of good, well know branded gear of SportPursuit, so stick to those and you can't go wrong.

That said there are also plenty of Scandi brands on there as well, some too you might not have heard of, I bought my OH some Elevenate pants after again googling and it was pretty obvious it was a highly successful Scandi Brand with well-known people behind it as confirmed to me by some Scandi mates.
latest report
I've also bought a few Scandinavian bits and pieces from Sports Pursuit (2117, Bergans of Norway and Kilpi). All good value, technical and still going strong!
snow report
Thanks heaps for the feedback.
latest report
Weathercam wrote:
@Trigary, over the years I've bought plenty of good, well know branded gear of SportPursuit, so stick to those and you can't go wrong

+1, known brands, where it is possible to look at the 'RRP' prices.

Also, another European site similar to SP is https://www.privatesportshop.co.uk and they often have lots of well known ski brands as well as Euro outdoorsy clobber.

Nick
snow report
Weathercam wrote:
@Trigary, over the years I've bought plenty of good, well know branded gear of SportPursuit, so stick to those and you can't go wrong.

That said there are also plenty of Scandi brands on there as well, some too you might not have heard of, I bought my OH some Elevenate pants after again googling and it was pretty obvious it was a highly successful Scandi Brand with well-known people behind it as confirmed to me by some Scandi mates.
When I was last in Are, I found myself in an Elevenate demo party, some fantastic kit, but as per any scandi kit, the prices were huge, gutted I missed the sportspursuit sale
ski holidays
@big_ben, +1 also for Privatesportshop
snow conditions
I’m using the fjern jacket from sport pursuit as a shell jacket and for £130 it was a good buy. My ski gear is i. Storage and my teenage son will benefit but decent jacket.
ski holidays
Is Fjern an own brand too?
snow conditions
I'm not 100% sure but someone on UKC forum stated they were. Seems likely to me as always on offer and seem have similar whois info.
That being said I have one of their down jackets and feel it was good vfm, with one caveat that I was sure I'd seen them claim to use ethically sourced down but after receiving the jacket I couldn't find any info on down sourcing (maybe I imagined it)
latest report
Elevenate is defo a completely legit brand selling uber expensive kit! I love browsing through PrivateSport!! not yet plucked up the courage to buy anything yet. BTW, SweetProtection have a sale (50%off) on ski wear atm. Just putting that out there..... Some tempting offers! I need a replacement for an 8 year old SP Voodoo jacket that's looking a bit bobbly now.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elevenate is still on sale on Sportpursuit! ok - Elevenate Vallon jacket in blue vs Sweet Protection Voodoo in purple? Dermiaz vs Goretex pro (I have lots of items of goretex pro which seems to last well). Which one peeps?
snow conditions
gaschick wrote:
I love browsing through PrivateSport!! not yet plucked up the courage to buy anything yet.

I bought a low priced and so low risk pair of goggles to see if and how it worked. All was good, it didnt take long to come, was as described and the shipping didnt seem too high.

But can't say how well a return would go if needed.
ski holidays
I don’t know whether Fjern is sport pursuit own brand albeit their isn’t much info about the company on their website.

It’s not a dedicated ski jacket ie no ski skirt but is a decent shell for £130. Good helmet hood - tested today in windy snowy weather. Think it’s a decent jacket at £130 -only complaint pit zips are a little stiff but otherwise pleased with it. Prefer my arcteryx jackets but s big difference in price. Will pass on to my teenage son.
snow conditions
@gaschick, I bought Elevenate Vallon jackets and pants off a German site before they went onto SP.

I've had two trips in them and like them better than the kit it replaced (Burton and Sweet). I got a couple of positive comments from people on the styling too.
snow report
Thanks @Mosha Marc, I have looked at Elevenate stuff in a high end shop in Champoluc last year. Eye waveringly expensive. Does the Vallon jacket (I presume that you are wearing the mens version, but I am open minded about these things), have stretchy wrist cuffs inside the jacket?
snow report
Yep, ones that cover most of your hand and the thumb sticks out.

I got them in the sales at a very good price.
snow report
@Mosha Marc, Yup. That's great! I get really cold hands and this is a 'must have' on any new jacket. Tried on a top of the range Ortovox jacket before Christmas which, amazingly, didn't have these! I seriously want the moon on a stick from my new coat, but have been super happy with the old Sweet Protection Voodoo jacket that I have had.
latest report
@gaschick, check out https://snookswear.co.uk/

Mrs NBT is really happy with her union jacket
snow conditions
Trigary wrote:
Thanks all for the feedback. That is interesting and enlightening. I currently have a Mountain Warehouse jacket that works (didn’t know whether I would take to this skiing lark) and want to upgrade to something that has better functionality.

If you are looking for a new one from Mountain Warehouse, you can get them with extra 20% off discount using a discount code: https://www.voucherbutler.com/mountain-warehouse

MW running Easter Special discounts
ski holidays
LOTA wrote:
I've also bought a few Scandinavian bits and pieces from Sports Pursuit (2117, Bergans of Norway and Kilpi). All good value, technical and still going strong!

Kilpi is a Czech brand, Amazing what marketing can do....

Still worth buying though, it works well, and lasts.
snow conditions
I have bought a top of the range Sweet Protection jacket (another Voodoo)@nbt
in the sale with 60+% off. £165! My husband had a Kilp jacket which delaminated and has fallen to bits! He is now looking at getting a Helly Hansen ski jacket with his RNLI discount in one of their discount weeks. Does anyone have any experiences with Helly Hansen ski wear? his has one of their jackets for work and loves it.
snow report
@gaschick, Like Sweet Protection, Helly Hansen is bomber Scandi kit and he can't go too far wrong. If the price is good and the fit is good, buy it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy