Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis

Poster: A snowHead
Spill the beans please anyone who has been and knows the area. Just back from Zermatt and the tourist website was boasting the they have been voted the worlds best ski resort for the second time in 3 years. The interesting bit was that Serfaus had been voted 2nd. The award was most definately of German speaking origin, however this does look an interesting option for a family next year. ( I am a new grandad and it is with this in mind for 8 of us) I really know nothing of this resort despite 40 plus tears skiing.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there earlier this year, it was during the heavy snow falls in Austria so we had a lot of snow and low light conditions. Some of the runs were closed due to Avalanche conditions. What I did see was great , a lot of varied runs for all abilities, a lot of off piste for those who want it. ( due to avalanches we had to just stick to routes between pistes that were allowed, and the snow was meters deep so it was real fun). I think it is well worth a visit.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Got it all and understandably does well in 'Best Of' lists.

Very good value for money too.

Close to Innsbruck Airport too, about an hour.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We were in Serfaus a couple of years ago. Great infrastructure, good sized area, lovely village, great for the children (we have two). I would heartily recommend.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@twoodwar, been to Serfaus three times and neighbouring Fiss once all for half term. It is a vast area with lots of great skiing for all abilities. They pride themselves on being family friendly which can be seen throughout the resort. From having play grounds and baby changing facilities at mountain restaurants. It is well frequented by Swiss and Germans and the quality of facilities and infrastructure are very good - english is widely spoken. They also claim to be the gold standard ski school in Europe. I read somewhere they are in the top 10 most visited resorts in the world but not really known to the average Brit holiday skiier.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@twoodwar, Went there a couple of years ago - half term 2017. Good resort not too pricey, very family orientated with a mixture of activities. For beginners there is a large bowl above Serfaus, and for others there is a decent range of runs.

Here is my trip report https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3021357&highlight=serfaus+trip#3021357

Think I was there at the same time as @Ozboy, Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@knackered knees, yes we were I remember your report and dramas with your son IIRC. Sadly we no longer go as we have a place in France.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
very grateful for all replies so far. Its obviously somewhere to look at, assuming we can get appropriate flights. Please don't be shy to post if you have experience of here, even if it repeats those so far. Many thanks to knackered knees for his link and review. I obviously did not search well Embarassed
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@twoodwar, it's a great resort. It's a big area, ok not 3 valleys large but plenty there. As mentioned above great infrastructure, mainly new lifts and lots of variety on the slopes. Also plenty good eateries around the mountain. We've been twice and intend to go back, it's the one my my family demand to go back to most of the places we've been!

If you use the search you'll see there is quite a bit of info on here about it. Oh and it's pretty high, village about 1400 metres which is high enough in itself for Austria but most of the skiing is around 2000m and up. Get yourself there it's great (but don't tell too many people Toofy Grin )
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Pics are missing but vids are still there.

Chose it specifically for my 8 year old nephew.

https://www.ski.com.au/xf/threads/sefaus-fiss-ladis-tirol-austria-19-26-march-2016.74548/

Pics here

https://www.facebook.com/mike.richards.927/media_set?set=a.10154102243683624&type=3
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@twoodwar, Lots of options on getting there. Just over 1 hour from Innsbruck airport but flights tend to be expensive during peak times. We flew to Munich and had a 3 hour tansfer. Another option if time permits is to fly to Zurich and get a direct train to Landeck from there you can pickup a bus - all quite civilised and relaxed. I personally prefer Fiss as it has a better village atmosphere and quieter when its busy as the crowds tend to naturally migrate towards Serfaus in order to access the higher areas.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We flew to Memmingen, hired a car and it takes about 2 hours to get to Serfaus.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@biddpyat, where is that and who flies there?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not from Liverpool for sure I'm afraid.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great ski area, not used much by the english speaking world. Bering in Tyrol its easy enought to grt to via Friedrichhafen, Memmimgen, Innsbruck, MUnich. I've been there four times over the past 12 years, both with Family and with friends. Villages (Serfaus,Fiss,Landis) are essentially pedestrian only, like Zermatt. Large varied ski area, never crowded when I've skied there, but I've always avoided peak periods.
Ranges from moderately easy, to some lovelly challenging pistes, and some nice off piste, side piste runs. I found the slopes above Serfaus the mosrt interesting/fun (Pezid, Masnerkopf). There is also a great blacks to get to grips with, Kamikazee (ski route), and Directissima (piste), both are about gradiant more than anything else. On the whole an excellent ski area, I will go back. Access to the slopes is easier/quicker than staying in Zermatt. Hotels and accomodation I've used have all been of a really high standard. Go for it..
snow report
Thanks Bob.
latest report
@twoodwar,
I've been to Serfaus and to Fiss. It's a good, varied skiing area with nice scenery. Fiss is perhaps more quaint, but at the same time quite sedate. I thought Serfaus catered very well for children. For example, many restaurants and hotels have play rooms for kids. The area in general is good for kids.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy