Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1950 Pierre et Vacances or Erna Lowe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi does anybody know from past experience,if it is cheaper to book accommodation directly with Pierre et Vacances for Les Arcs 1950 or with companies such as Erna Lowe/Powderbeds?
Looking for Christmas 2019.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheaper to find a private owner via something like homeaway.co.uk.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Erna Low will have their own cadre of apartments from independent owners that they've signed up, as well as feeding into PnV: as with all TOs there is some wriggle room, as PnV give them a discount so that they can 'on sell' with a margin after their own costs: but they can't get too out of line with the PnV direct prices, for fear of upsettting the relationship.

PnV will do deals on their website in the summer, but the village is generally well occupied for Christmas so 'late deals' are unlikely.
Some owners are listed as above on homeaway, or booking.com, or AirBnB

For my money, your best bet is https://arc1950direct.com/apartments/ is a bit slow to load, but it is run by a group of owners, 50 odd, selling their properties direct. No cut off the top for the aggregator, so pick up the phone and negotiate!

That will get you the best price, although again they do keep a weather eye on the PnV prices.

Whilst there is competition, there's no point racing to the bottom: there are "quasi- variable" costs associated with having occupants (such as cleaning, key exchange and linen change) - "no punters, no cleaning charges" for sure. But whilst they will want them filled as much as possible to cover the fixed annual charges (heating, lighting, water etc.) the costs relating to actually renting the place out do add up, and it's far from 'all bunce' when you have changeovers to handle.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you Arctic-Roll thats really helpful I'll take a look! Always done package trips before so new experience sorting it all DIY
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We booked through Ski collection who I think offer similar prices to Erna Low. We stayed in Arc 1950 Manoir Savoie which was Radisson Blu at the time of our visit a few years back. The reasons I would book with Ski Collection over P and V direct are the following: certainty of the price re: Euro exchange rate, accommodation price normally similar to that of booking direct, Eurotunnel flexi plus included at a cheaper rate than booking it separately and ABTA protection on the holiday, a 24 emergency number to ring if anything goes wrong on the holiday.

There is also the option to book ski passes, lessons, ski hire etc through them if you don't want to sort it out yourselves. When booking with Ski Collection we have also been able to request specific floors/outlooks and they have done their best to accommodate such requests. However I would wait until their early booking discounts are available before booking and from memory they don't usually come out till May/June for the next season.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy