Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Brevieres - Tignes Mid April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Advice please snowheads. Found a really good deal in Les Brevieres. Will we be able to ski back there mid April or is it getting too low too late in the season? thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The one time that I have skied in Tignes in mid-April the runs into Les Brevieres were closed. However, now that they have the swish new gondola from Tignes 1800 that continues after the rest of the lifts shut then I wouldn't see it being a big deal as you can easily get back
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@trmacc, In the past 6 years that I have lived (in Lac) it has been absolutely fine, though you are well into the freeze thaw cycle, so it will be slushy on your return. This year seems to be an unpredictable one, if it carries on like the previous 3 weeks then the lower slopes might have had cows on them! But the current forecast is for quite snowy next week and more normal temps so who can say (we have also had the coldest January for 20 years).

Having said all that there is a shiny new bubble from Boisses that you can download on in 4 minutes and save those tired legs/skis from scratches if it gets unreasonably warm.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What time does the bubble close and open for that matter? We might have children in ski school in Tignes 1800 finishing at 5pm. We are happy to ski down in most conditions but good to know options if there is no snow (and cows!)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
0855-1700 from the piste map, I am sure that the ski school will oblige to ensure they are there for the last descent. Otherwise the way down is a gentle blue run, its the summer road and as far as I can work out the Tour de France is coming up it on 26 Jul (final details for our stage are still not in detailed map form). If its slushy it might be a bit of a push for small ones though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks all, good info as always. Children aren't too small and can manage most conditions, its me that can't be bothered with the slush!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@trmacc, This was the home run to Le Brev on 17 April 2017. It was a bit messy but being north facing, less slushy than some other slopes much higher up. It's pot luck at that time of year but there is so much skiing to be had further up that I wouldn't worry too much about it. People were avoiding it due to ice rather than slush. If it's a good deal, go for it. Not skiing to home base in mid-April is no great tragedy and at least Brev has some character compared to the main drag.

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Bodeswell, thankyou! That's perfect to see an actual pic. Think we might go for it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy