Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel lunch spots

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads
Any good suggestions for lunch Venues in the Courchevel area of the 3V please?
Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bel Air in 1650, Le Pilates by the Altiport. Best to book.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What you after, cheap, value, location (views etc). Courchevel can be eye wateringly expensive but it can also be reasonably good value if you know where you are going.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chalets des Pierres, although a mortgage might be required!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bouc Blanc above La Tania is excellent. Good food, efficient service, very reasonable prices & can book. Agree about the recommendation for Bel Air (top of Ariondaz bubble out of 1650). Similar quality/price to Bouc Blanc. Is one of my favorites in the 3V.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't know the name but walk down off the piste in 1650 to the road, almost in front of you, very slightly to the right is a restaurant which does amazing pizzas. All the other food looked good and reasonable price. €20 for a pizza and beer.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Le Souscoup. Upmarket, surprisingly affordable if you stick to the Lunch special and don't order wine.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chattonmill wrote:
Chalets des Pierres, although a mortgage might be required!

If you don't mixing with the nouveau rich it is good for posers and people watching. Go downstairs to view the wine cellar through the bars, some great labels, your mortgage might cover a bottle or two. My champagne was ok but overpriced, my lunch was neither special or expensive.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cave Des Creuxs is consistently good but pricey, Bel Air and Bouc Blanc both good and a bit cheaper. Pilatus is in between and excellent.
The one I would avoid is Casserole by the signal lift in 1650, pricey and understaffed we have been a few times (optimistically) and been disappointed each time.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Certainly Agree with Bel Air and Pilatus on the quality of the food, and a bit of people/aircraft watching in Pilatus. Slightly off the beaten track for very good food at a more than reasonable price for the 3vs, try Restaurant La Voute in St Martin de Belleville. opposite the church at the bottom drag. you will need to take walk over but it is only about 20m from the lift. Also Pizzeria de Motteret is decent quality and reasonable.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Le 1928 (at top of Bouc Blanc I think) is also good but from the ones suggested so far, my favourite is either Bel Air or Pilatus. If you are happy to drop into the Courchevel side, Le Clos Bernard is excellent and is a great adventure to find (it's signposted through the forest behind the Loze chair lift). It is ski in, ski out, but very much off the beaten track.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
monkey wrote:
Le 1928 (at top of Bouc Blanc I think) is also good but from the ones suggested so far, my favourite is either Bel Air or Pilatus. If you are happy to drop into the Courchevel side, Le Clos Bernard is excellent and is a great adventure to find (it's signposted through the forest behind the Loze chair lift). It is ski in, ski out, but very much off the beaten track.

Do you mean the Meribel side?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

If you are happy to drop into the Courchevel side,

Presume you mean the Meribel side. Le Clos Bernard is in the woods near the bottom of the Loze chairlift in Meribel. Yes, it's an adventure & it feels a special place, but the service can be dire, and it's pricey. Suggest you look at the latest Tripadvisor reports, which confirm my recollection from a couple of years ago. There's a review in French from just 2 days ago which roughly translates as "Have skied the 3V for more than 30 years and have been in almost all the mountain restaurants from the simplest to the poshest, and had yet to try Le Clos Bernard. What a disappointment. It certainly has the worst welcome and the most disagreeable service in the 3 Valleys!"
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some already mentioned and in no particular order of cost

Bel Air in 1650
Pilatus in 1850 (below Pralong/Biollay chairs or off the Altiport run)
Restaurant Verdons in 1850
Pub Le Ski Lodge in La Tania
Polar Cafe under the Croisette bubbles (more of a snack type place, but good value salads, sandwiches, drinks and desserts)

I would have previously recommended the Courcheneige, but it's changed hands and rebranded and didn't try it out when I was their a couple of weeks ago. I also noticed the what was a few years ago called the Bar Le Jump, across the road from the Croisette it changed hands 4-5 years ago and became ridiculously expensive and pretty strange, looked at the menu and it appears to have gone back towards more reasonable and sensible type stuff, but again didn't actually try it out.

Places I'd avoid

Le Tremplin
Casserole
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bel Air at the top of the gondola above 1650 is my favorite. Good people watching and celeb spotting according to the distaff side of our group.

But at busy times it may require a 100 euro note slipped to the maitre d.

Alternatively arrive at 11.25 and promise to be quick.

Skiing through the regular lunchour makes for shorter lift queues too.
ski holidays
Wow, thanks for all of your comments
Sounds like the Bel Air and Pilatus are the big favourites
snow report
Not been for around 13 years, but Bel Air was always good value and an exceptional place to sit and admire the view.
snow conditions
blacksheep wrote:
Don't know the name but walk down off the piste in 1650 to the road, almost in front of you, very slightly to the right is a restaurant which does amazing pizzas. All the other food looked good and reasonable price. €20 for a pizza and beer.

Arc en Ciel. Great pizza and plat du jours, plus the usual tartiflette, fondue, raclette etc. Pretty well priced for courchevel and always good food.
snow report
Quote:

Yes, it's an adventure & it feels a special place, but the service can be dire, and it's pricey.

Sorry yes I did mean Meribel. Yes the service can be a bit "traditional". I was there a couple of weeks ago and have to say the guy serving us was good craic, although on previous occasions the service was less engaging. It's a fun afternoon anyway, with the run through the forest to get there.

Some great suggestions up above. If we are allowing the Meribel side, maybe you could add in Le Roc (in between the Pas Du Lac 1 and 2 lifts). Brilliant views and food has always been good.
ski holidays
There are some lovely places in La Tania village and the prices are much more reasonable than further up the mountain. Le Pub Ski Lodge does a fabulous kangaroo steak.
ski holidays
Chalet d’Ariondaz in 1650 area (above a giant natural half pipe valley thingy) is a nice spot. Menu pretty much cheeses, meats, tarts n booze. Nice place to while away a few hours.
ski holidays
Arc en Ciel has closed and is now Copina (Spanish tapas). We loved the Arc en Ciel for lunch, but its replacement is really really good. Nice to have a change from cheese, spuds and ham. Been there a lot so far this season. The calamari is amazing, as is the bean stew, patron peppers, chorizo cooked in sherry....yum yum yum...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy