Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Show us your bumps!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's such a shame that so many moguls are ruined by over-enthusiastic groomers. I wish more European resorts would do the North American thing of allowing half a run to bump up while the other half is groomed. That way the skier gets to choose the way down.

Provided you're reasonably fit and have a little bit of practice, bumps can be enormous fun. But all bumps aren't equal. Soft, powdery bumps are pure joy, as are bumps that have been loosened by the afternoon sun. But re-frozen morning bumps that melted the day before, or rock-hard bumps disguised by a layer of super-light flyaway snow (a Jackson Hole speciality) are truly horrible. And misty bumps with zero visibility are the stuff of nightmares.

But my worst kind of bump comes at the end of the day when my legs are knackered, my quads are burning, my energy has dissipated and my 20-something lads are already half way down the mountain whooping and hollering as they bounce over the moguls with the all energy that youth brings, and I'm left feeling like the grumpy old git that (if I'm honest with myself) I have slowly become as the decades have passed.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe it's a difference in European vs. US skiing but where you do have groomed runs next to ungroomed the groomed are always much much busier. The resport are just giving the people what the majority of people want.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hells Bells wrote:
I once accidentally ended up on a mogul field on a run at Lake Louise. Somewhere off the back down towards Temple Lodge. To say I was terrified would be an understatement, as most of them were bigger than me. I couldn't see my family ahead of me.

To be fair, you'd get lost in the holes between the diamonds on dry slopes.

This is how to ski bumps old-school-style: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMoCfa_hZrB/?utm_source=ig_embed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Charliebigpotatoes, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Charliebigpotatoes, Hot Dog!

I actually lusted after a pair of skis called “Hot Dog” in about 1974.

Dick Barrymore was always a feature of the annual family week in Aviemore, in the Osprey Lounge.

I think my lifestyle is all his fault.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

and I'm left feeling like the grumpy old git that (if I'm honest with myself) I have slowly become as the decades have passed

Classic!!

And oh so true too!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy