Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need new gear suggests?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello guys;
I’ve been skiing for quite long time and last year i tried backcountry for the first time (i’ve skied powder before) and i loved it. Since I am trying to replace my skis thought why not go for backcountry/all in one ski. But i also like skiing freshly groomed slopes so I couldn’t decide which ski and which binding i should buy. I am currently skiing with my atomic vantage 85.
I am thinking head kore 99 with salomon swift binding or black crows camox
Also i need new boots too but I couldn’t find stiff alpine style boots which i can use with backcountry bindings. Again head kore boots seems good.
So what’s your advice guys (my skill is intermediate)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Atayigit, <100mm is a good choice for your skiing aims , head kore get great reviews as do the black crows ,if you can demo that's the best way to go the Salomon Shift is defo way to go with a one ski for all set up , as regards boots there is now a great array of all mountain boots with touring capabilities which are plenty stiff enough for piste skiing, but they are something that needs to be choosen only by fit and suitability for your level .

I would suggest finding a demo centre in resort or even a uk fridge and try out a range of skis and lengths to see what fits the bill best , you are really spoilt for choice in the category at the moment
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dabber wrote:
@Atayigit, <100mm is a good choice for your skiing aims , head kore get great reviews as do the black crows ,if you can demo that's the best way to go the Salomon Shift is defo way to go with a one ski for all set up , as regards boots there is now a great array of all mountain boots with touring capabilities which are plenty stiff enough for piste skiing, but they are something that needs to be choosen only by fit and suitability for your level .

I would suggest finding a demo centre in resort or even a uk fridge and try out a range of skis and lengths to see what fits the bill best , you are really spoilt for choice in the category at the moment

I don’t have any chance for demo Sad (I’m living in Turkey and head and black crows don’t have try on spots in here)
So kore would be good enough on powder and on groomed slope or should i get camox. Also kore is lighter I assume and would be a better choice for backcountry but if camox is better on groomed slope I wouldn’t mind carrying extra couple of grams Very Happy
P.S i don’t do park
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the Head Kore 99s ... they rock. Very light, good edge hold and solid in the powder. They are not super playful due to the stiffness which makes them a decent piste ski but, overall, they are brilliant.

I tried the 105s but, whilst they are brilliant, they are harder work and less effective on hard pack so the 99s are a great compromise.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy