Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Engelberg in Feb half-term 2020, how busy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All, being an obsessive early booker, at least for flights, I’m thinking about half term next year. Our Feb half term for the Stockholm region is week 9, so 22-29 Feb 2020. I’d love to go to Engelberg, but according to the school holiday sticky, this is the same week as Switzerland half term for several areas but in particular Bern and Lucerne being very close to Engelberg. I know Engelberg can get busy on the weekend with the Zurich crowd coming down, but is it going to be a nightmare all week (for lift queues, and maybe finding accommodation)?

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=139730

Other place I’d like to take my son is Tignes. Again, this week is same week as France zone A&B half term, although I’m slightly less concerned about crowds in EK due to the size. Any comments on this also welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I come from Zurich to Engelberg most weekends and powder workdays. I am always early at the gondola (around 8:30am), and I have never waited more than 10min for the first ride up the mountain. When people talk of "monumental crowds", that is from before the new gondola was built (I think 2013) ... I have never waited more than a couple of minutes for any lift up on the mountain (other than Rotair, where you can occasionally get stuck with tourists, but you will not use that more than once or twice in a day). Can not comment on accommodations.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy